Transport infrastructure.

Started by Inspector Knacker, January 19, 2020, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grim reaper

So there we have it...our resident know all/hate all has admitted he's dumb.
He didn't want Tice to win and lauds Hill whenever. Or rather, fails to highlight Hill's inept performances, both local & national.    So he is obviously his man.

It's very much akin to his 'bong eyed loonies' epithets regarding some Brexit & UKIP supporters. Strange he didn't castigate the pathetic, Labour supporting loonies that stated the Tory Durham MP would require a police presence if he dare to show his face at the miners annual p*ss up.
One law for one, one for another..in his eyes.

While I'm on, I'm fed up of the miners bleating about the loss of their industry, year after year, after year.
Many industrial jobs have gone to the wall over the last 100 years; shipping, steelworks, farming, chemicals etc. Do those ex employees keep bleating on ad infinitum?
No, they pick themselves up and get on with it.
Just look at the factories in Peterlee these days. They employ more than the mines did.
So why are ex miners still living in 'the good old days', when men died down the mines on a monthly basis, or were crippled in old age because of coal dust?

Hartlepool was a boom town, with steelworks and shipyards. Do we march through the streets every year, crying over the loss of jobs?
No, we just get on with finding alternative jobs, where possible.

The miners need to remember, Labour shut down more mines than the Tories ever did!
The Tories have brought more employment to the North-East than labour ever did.

Labour lives in the past, it's an anachronism, only good for sniping from the wings.
Corbyn and his Marxist/momentum rabble proved it, as the vote against him and them indicated.

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on January 23, 2020, 06: PM
So there we have it...our resident know all/hate all has admitted he's dumb.
He didn't want Tice to win and lauds Hill................
Yep just as I said it would be.  Anyone not agreeing that Hill is the Devil in human form is a closet leftie.

Lucy Lass-Tick

But isn't the devil essentially a Christian creation? A rebranding of the Celtic horned god by a later sect?

Just goes to show that one man's deity is another one's demon ...  :o

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 23, 2020, 07: PM
But isn't the devil essentially a Christian creation? A rebranding of the Celtic horned god by a later sect?

Baphomet as we know him is a Victorian construct.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on January 23, 2020, 07: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 23, 2020, 07: PM

Baphomet as we know him is a Victorian construct.

Although Jacques de Molay & the Knights Templar were accused of holding him in high regard ...

Lucy Lass-Tick

This is wandering off topic now in a rather spectacular fashion (and I'll hold my hands up as a guilty one there) ... so, now shall we return back to transport infrastructure?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on January 23, 2020, 06: PM
Quote from: grim reaper on January 23, 2020, 06: PM

Yep just as I said it would be.  Anyone not agreeing that Hill is the Devil in human form is a closet leftie.
Hill the Devil in human form...? You seriously  overestimate his abilities ::)
The Devil? No! However, an elected crash test dummy in a crumpled suit, yes.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

eddy

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 23, 2020, 08: PM
This is wandering off topic now in a rather spectacular fashion (and I'll hold my hands up as a guilty one there) ... so, now shall we return back to transport infrastructure?

I thought the purpose of the Hartlepool Post was to trash the labour party / movement?  Admittedly it probably isnt the stated intent of those who run the site, but a quick glance on here or FB and its mostly just "screw labour" stuff (see Mr Reaper earlier)

eddy

Which brings us nicely onto transport, within the last hour the "butter wouldn't melt in their mouths" Conservative party has just re-nationalised our rail services.  I am sure some self-pity obsessed commie scum put a similar idea forward but a few months back ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: eddy on January 29, 2020, 03: PM
Which brings us nicely onto transport, within the last hour the "butter wouldn't melt in their mouths" Conservative party has just re-nationalised our rail services.  I am sure some self-pity obsessed commie scum put a similar idea forward but a few months back ?

Suspect that this is a temporary measure and that there's going to be a much more widespread rejig of transport.

eddy

I think a lot of people will have a false dawn of hope, the problems with northern railways are a lack of investment over many decades.  Ironically a lot of the trouble that Northern had was partly due to long over running improvement works (for which they had no say or control over).  It needs metro areas to control commuter services and then have a separate organisation for intercity routes.  So in theory you would have

Tyne and Wear Metro (excuse the pun)
Teesside Metro
North Yorkshire Metro
Leeds Metro
South Yorkshire Metro
Greater Manchester
Mersery Rail
Lancashire Metro
Carlisle Metro

With each running the commuter services within their region

mk1

I thought the purpose of the Hartlepool Post was to trash the labour party / movement?  Admittedly it probably isnt the stated intent of those who run the site, but a quick glance on here or FB and its mostly just "screw labour" stuff (see Mr Reaper earlier)

I thought it was to trash all politicians. For my part I dump on everyone regardless of Party. 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on January 29, 2020, 03: PM

I thought it was to trash all politicians. For my part I dump on everyone regardless of Party.

Who would have thought that to be the case ... ?  ;)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on January 29, 2020, 03: PM
For my part I dump on everyone regardless of Party.
Can't say I've noticed.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 23, 2020, 08: PM

Party member....?