Transport infrastructure.

Started by Inspector Knacker, January 19, 2020, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I take it you don't venture south of Hartlepool on the train ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

By ditching the paper mache mp and electing a tory, effectively turning the town into a marginal seat could possibly have had an effect on how the government reacts to the needs of the town and its residents.

As it is we are stuck with Mike Hill for the next 5 years with the prospect of another 260 or so weekly 'Photo Op' appearances in the Fail.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 21, 2020, 06: PM
I do as a matter of fact. Teesside have Boro as their 'hub'. It would be quicker for them to go there for their onward connections.  Just like the train from 'Hartlepool' to Boro is quicker than the bus-depending on what part of Hartlepool you live. If you live in Owton Manor you would have to travel into town/Seaton before  you  get the train and then just once an hour v 4 times an hour for the bus. Your journey starts when you leave the house and not when your first connection arrives.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on January 21, 2020, 08: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 21, 2020, 06: PM
I do as a matter of fact. Teesside have Boro as their 'hub'. It would be quicker for them to go there for their onward connections.  Just like the train from 'Hartlepool' to Boro is quicker than the bus-depending on what part of Hartlepool you live. If you live in Owton Manor you would have to travel into town/Seaton before  you  get the train and then just once an hour v 4 times an hour for the bus. Your journey starts when you leave the house and not when your first connection arrives.
Don't disagree with you. I do think the coast line is under utilised which if opened up by more stations, increased frequencies and marketing could connect the region up on the coast. A knackered pacer or runaway train from 80's once an hour on a service that ends when kids go to bed is a joke.
Our local bus services are a local bus bus business. We were told that when buses were deregulated in the 80's it would up up competition. Ho ho ho. We now have local buses within the town and to the south of the town a complete monopoly.

eddy

There is chat of opening another station on the durham coast line between Hartlepool and Seaham, I think it may even have funding confirmed for it.

I have long contemplated moving home and getting a job in Newcastle or Durham (but still living in the Tees area), having got the train to Newcastle from Hartlepool (once) and drove there (twice) at rush hour I have decided to put those plans on hold, its hell, even by Manchester standards

Lucy Lass-Tick

Have a feeling that the new station/halt is to be in the Horden area.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on January 21, 2020, 06: PM
By ditching the paper mache mp and electing a tory, effectively turning the town into a marginal seat could possibly have had an effect on how the government reacts to the needs of the town and its residents.

As it is we are stuck with Mike Hill for the next 5 years with the prospect of another 260 or so weekly 'Photo Op' appearances in the Fail.
Can't we just retire him to a maximum security twilight home for neutered MP's ?
He can pass his days informing the other inmates he was an MP once y'know and they'll all reply "I was too!"
He's going to spend five years at the back of the chorus of the Labour Party choir, warbling on cue and learning his lines of compliance. He has no power and if lucky, may rise to the rank of 'Shadow Minister of Paper Clips ' ..... at a push.
A crumpled suit wandering the corridors of power with no power, the town unrepresented to all intents and purposes.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 22, 2020, 02: PM
Quote from: fred c on January 21, 2020, 06: PM

Can't we just retire him to a maximum security twilight home for neutered MP's ?
He can pass his days informing the other inmates he was an MP once y'know and they'll all reply "I was too!"
He's going to spend five years at the back of the chorus of the Labour Party choir, warbling on cue and learning his lines of compliance. He has no power and if lucky, may rise to the rank of 'Shadow Minister of Paper Clips ' ..... at a push.
A crumpled suit wandering the corridors of power with no power, the town unrepresented to all intents and purposes.

Isn't he subject to some kind of enquiry?  ??? If so, his 'retirement' might just come before the end of the current Parliament ....

akarjl2

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

mk1

Quote from: eddy on January 22, 2020, 01: PM
, its hell, even by Manchester standards

Lovely place Manchester. Far better than London. If only we had their shuttle-bus system.

akarjl2

Inspector Knacker

Thought this had all gone away. It all went very quiet. But it appears not.
Why did the Sunday Times oppose the application for anonymity....?

diSme

Let's see if the Hartlepool Fail picks up the story....
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 23, 2020, 08: AM
Thought this had all gone away. It all went very quiet. But it appears not.
Why did the Sunday Times oppose the application for anonymity....?

It would appear there are two separate issues:

1. Her union is pursuing Hill with an action.
2. She advises Met are still investigating claim. ( they will probably hold back until outcome of  proceedings at theCentral London Employment Tribunal)

From the article

QuoteSuzanne McKie QC, who is representing the woman, said after the hearing that the application had been resisted principally because Hill had placed the matter in the public domain by speaking to the media.

So the wet fish flapped about made statements to media then tried to quash reporting - thick as two short planks.....