Time for the Brexit rats to jump ship ?

Started by DRiddle, January 16, 2020, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Any time now they'll start changing parties again to avoid the negative publicity of recent weeks and/or to try to save their seats in May.

Johnny Bongo

Well...why not? If it's alright for MP's of different parties, then why not councillors?  Question is....which party will they go to?  Who will have them?  Will they start a new one?  Isn't there talk of Farage starting a new party once Brexit is done?   Btw, is their office in Elwick Rd still used / open?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on January 16, 2020, 02: PM
Any time now they'll start changing parties again to avoid the negative publicity of recent weeks and/or to try to save their seats in May.
Which Party will you be backing in May...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 16, 2020, 05: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on January 16, 2020, 02: PM

Brilliant yes please do tell or after getting boot are you sticking to teaching ?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

We won't get an answer, but the woodpecker of words demands you answer his questions.

fred c

The question should be...... 'Who will he be backing'

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 16, 2020, 08: PM
We won't get an answer, but the woodpecker of words demands you answer his questions.

He 'aint the only one 'demanding':

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 16, 2020, 05: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on January 16, 2020, 06: PM

Brilliant yes please do tell or after getting boot are you sticking to teaching ?

Inspector Knacker

We need the visionary to tell us how to vote. After all, we're all as thick as a brick and need to be be enlightened and re-educated in our voting intentions to become Stepford voters.
Our independent judgements on politics are obviously offensive to the saintly one. Oh dear.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on January 16, 2020, 04: PM
Well...why not? If it's alright for MP's of different parties, then why not councillors? 
It's ok to swap  party if you're a remain MP, don't forget, they're saving the country from turning into Facist Hell hole.
However,...... in any other circumstance, swapping side means you're just a treacherous, opportunistic, selfish scum bag saving your political skin.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 17, 2020, 10: AM
treacherous, opportunistic, selfish scum bag saving your political skin.

aka all HBC Clowncillers past and present.

...couldn't lie straight in bed.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on January 16, 2020, 11: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 16, 2020, 08: PM

He 'aint the only one 'demanding':
He ain't answering the question either, but then he never does.
Is he anxiously waiting for an opinion he can have from up on high to be issued....?

mk1

https://www.facebook.com/bribarnes/videos/10157577563531049/

Here you have it, the Deputy Leader of HBC; Mike Young punching the air and banging the table at the outcome of the vote to increase our council tax by 3.9%.#

Any idea why Cllr Leisa Smith decided to 'miss' the vote?

Lucy Lass-Tick

If you read Leisa Smith's comments you would realise that she was abroad at the time - she explained that she'd been given a holiday as a Christmas gift. Maybe proxy votes could be introduced for councillors?

As for the film clip, I would like to see it in context before making any judgement. I truly don't know exactly what happened (nor do I know the guy in question) but it wouldn't be the first time that certain people have produced short pieces (and this is a matter of seconds) which weren't exactly representative of the event in full.

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 23, 2020, 10: AM
wouldn't be the first time that certain people have produced short pieces (and this is a matter of seconds) which weren't exactly representative of the event in full.

Mange Tous Rodney cant being to image who you mean ;)

DRiddle

I'm not really sure why people are so worried about 'context' in this case? What is abundantly clear is he is celebrating winning a narrow vote. There's no doubt about that is there? He smiles, clenches his fist, becomes very animated, literally 'back slaps' a coalition colleague and bangs the table triumphantly. He does this immediately as the result of the vote is formally announced.

There's no debate about that is there? That's LITERALLY what happens in the clip.

If there IS a contextual issue, it is the REASON why he's celebrating. The REASON why he's happy. The REASON why he feels the need to smile and bang the table.

The vote was of course to INCREASE council tax. The key NEED to raise council tax (amongst several reasons) is due to significant disproportionate cuts in government funding for local authorities by . . . his party, the conservatives.

So as far as i can see, he's celebrating the FACT that the local authority he represents WILL charge its RESIDENTS MORE money to help offset CUTS by HIS party.

I don't see how ANYONE can see such a situation as cause for celebration.

But, keeping an open mind, perhaps some can explain the context where they THINK what he did WAS an appropriate thing to celebrate. What 'context' am i missing?

I'm all ears . . .