Royal Fail

Started by diSme, December 25, 2019, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

I believe everything and nothing

pensionater

I must have received 5 from the Brexit Party.

Johnny Bongo

They should have delivered them by hand.  I seem to remember receiving two from the BP, but five from Labour.  Too late now!  However, as they say, 'We lost the battle but won the war!'

diSme

The election might be done and dusted, but this is still definitely something that warrants further investigation...
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Well, there's a surprise.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Just one disgruntled Royal Mail employee, who may know certain information and the cat's out of the bag!  Then what?  Is the non delivery BEFORE the election illegal?  Or the delivery AFTER the election illegal? If so, will there be a re-run of the Hartlepool election....and other towns where this has also happened?  Will it change Hartlepool's result? 

akarjl2

We can only live in hope..
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

The same Royal Mail who recently admitted it has sent some of its employees to jail  because it refused to admit it used a flawed computer system?
Possibly the  largest number of innocent people ever  sent to jail and ruined simply to save the reputation of the employer?

https://www.betterretailing.com/symbol-group-wholesale/post-office/post-office-mistakes-settles-horizon-case-57m/

The Post Office has agreed to pay subpostmasters £57.75m to settle the high profile Horizon court case and admitted mistakes in the way it treated its partnered retailers.

More than 500 subpostmasters said they were wrongly accused of fraud or theft due to technical glitches with the Post Office's Horizon computer system. Some were imprisoned, others bankrupted and retailers previously told betterRetailing they had lost their businesses as a result of the disputes.

Discussing the resolution to the trial, Post Office chairman Tim Parker said: "We accept that, in the past, we got things wrong in our dealings with a number of postmasters .........................While the settlement relates to the first approximately 500 claimants, it is understood that another 500 former and current subpostmasters have come forward claiming they too have been wrongly accused and left out of pocket by the Post Office..................

Royal Mail have used every legal trick in the book to fight this case  spending millions in order to wear down and cow its victims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_(IT_system)

That Royal Mail management is now complaining that someone else did not follow the rules?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Read/heard about that - shocking.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 29, 2019, 04: PM
Will it change Hartlepool's result?
I wouldn't expect anything to come of it.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 30, 2019, 10: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 29, 2019, 04: PM
Will it change Hartlepool's result?
I wouldn't expect anything to come of it.

Agree. And I can't see there being an activist in every sorting office who had the power to sit on such material on a grand scale, anyway.

Johnny Bongo

Surely, some posties must know what's going on.  Is the 'late delivery' down the deliberate actions of individual posties, who are, let's say, politically motivated? Or, do they just deliver what they are given, no questions asked....even though they know 'there's a rabbit off'!   

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 30, 2019, 11: AM
even though they know 'there's a rabbit off'!

Check out all the other stories on the front page of the linked site and decide if you think they do not have an agenda..