Local issues and matters

Started by Topcat, December 20, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 21, 2019, 07: AM

What thoroughly destroys a once great site is people not coming on. No one is asking you to read all the comments, read what you want to read, that's your choice.
If you don't want to turn this site into another Tumbleweed Junction, try contributing more. Don't go slagging off those who make an effort to put some life into the board. Tut- tutting changes nothing. I'm going nowhere and I bet Mk1 isn't either.

Well said...also...need to maintain a sense of relevance here....this is a small forum most people in Hartlepool have never heard of. Nobody really cares what is posted here...well apart from the clowncillers who loiter and seethe as they get ripped apart. If you dont like the way the forum is operated you can always foxtrot oscar.

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

fred c

Another council tax rise isn't exactly the Christmas present any of us wanted but it was always going to happen and I think that would have been the case no matter who was running the council.

The vote of 13 for and 12 against was something of a surprise in some ways, looking at the list of apologies the initial thoughts in the public seats was that labour could carry the vote, as it happened the group Against by labour fell short.

What stuck out like a sore thumb was the MO behind the labour decision, the Pixies wanted 'something they could use in the run up to the elections' and that was provided after advice from the propaganda bureau was followed.

#MakeThemPayInMay

Johnny Bongo

I'm going nowhere and I bet Mk1 isn't either.

Au contraire, mon ami.  Mk1 has a bus pass and it seems like he does go somewhere! ;D .  If you are old enough, maybe you can get a bus pass also....then your good self can join Mk1 on a bus trip!   In fact, we could organise a Hartlepool Post Forum 'away day' on said bus.....I can hear the cheers now!  Apparently, Mk1 knows where there's a bus going spare....a lick of paint and it'll be as good as new! Just need to ask a bloke called Nigel how much he wants for it....don't suppose he'll be needing it anytime soon ;)

akarjl2

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 21, 2019, 11: AM

Au contraire, mon ami.  Mk1 has a bus pass and it seems like he does go somewhere! ;D .  If you are old enough, maybe you can get a bus pass also....then your good self can join Mk1 on a bus trip!   In fact, we could organise a Hartlepool Post Forum 'away day' on said bus.....I can hear the cheers now!  Apparently, Mk1 knows where there's a bus going spare....a lick of paint and it'll be as good as new! Just need to ask a bloke called Nigel how much he wants for it....don't suppose he'll be needing it anytime soon ;)

I am old enough for a bus pass but not giving a toss about appearing "Green"

I wlll stick with the Jag ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 21, 2019, 11: AM

When I referred to Mk1 as going nowhere, I was just stating the obvious as when we've all crossed the bar he'll still be here prowling around arguing with himself.
As for the bus pass, I'm afraid Mk1 will have us down as the Devils Work. I've got a car, the wife has and do have the 'kids', mind you, there's is due to cuts to public transport, so it's a car or no job.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.