Putting Hartlepool on the map..................

Started by mk1, December 11, 2019, 04: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

Quote from: DRiddle on January 02, 2020, 03: PM
I'm sure this latest embarrassment will be local news, maybe regional news and possibly make its way into the national media on the back of Minchers behaviour.

But please continue to blame ME for the overtly racist views of some of the Brexit party.

It'll be for the police to decide whether it's a hate speech. I'd say it probably ISN'T in the strict definition of the term.

However, is it something you'd expect a sitting councillor to express publicly . . . Nope.
Erm,,,, who's blaming you? I see no evidence to support that claim you just made....
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

It'll be for the police to decide whether it's a hate speech. I'd say it probably ISN'T in the strict definition of the term.

midships the wheel.......full astern both engines....... :o :o :o :o
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

mk1

However, is it something you'd expect a sitting councillor to express publicly . . . Nope.
It is not something you expect any decent person to publicly support. The fact he felt the need (or safe enough)  to publicly  show he shared the sentiment is disturbing. He is proud of his views.
I liked Bernard Manning and found him very funny but his 'dog born in a stable is not a horse'  joke was not funny. He should have stopped using that one.

You should always try and step outside yourself every now and again and think about how other people might see things. This is a very famous Christmas song in the UK but see here how a foreigner reacts to words we just accept as part of the Christmas tradition:

https://youtu.be/Tb3pXB8pMig?t=165

Lucy Lass-Tick

Well, personally I haven't a clue what denouement is in the wings ... although no doubt we mere mortals will be expected to be dutifully impressed/shocked by whatever revelations may materialise.

Johnny Bongo

I'm sure this latest embarrassment will be local news, maybe regional news and possibly make its way into the national media on the back of Minchers behaviour.

But please continue to blame ME for the overtly racist views of some of the Brexit party.

So, let's say IF it isn't a hate speech in the strict definition of the term, then it's just someone expressing their views, albeit distasteful to some! It is FREE speech, which the libs haven't managed to quell yet! IF on the other hand, it is deemed hate speech, then he should face the consequences of the Law. 

Inspector Knacker

It won't be for the lack of trying on your part eh?

If you insist, but to be fair you're the one who keeps diggin* up the corpse to question it. ::)

So it's not then....? Whatever it is.
But if they didn't, you'd have nothing to be permanently outraged about
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 02, 2020, 04: PM
Well, personally I haven't a clue what denouement is in the wings ... although no doubt we mere mortals will be expected to be dutifully impressed/shocked by whatever revelations may materialise.

Its the curse of Facebook. Be careful what you link to..................

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on January 02, 2020, 07: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 02, 2020, 04: PM

Its the curse of Facebook. Be careful what you link to..................

Is that some form of a threat?

DRiddle

Getting back to the point, these things usually pan out as follows.

Councillor says or does something stupid potentially worthy of complaint.

Opponents of said councillor complain and/or inform the media.

Chief Solicitor investigates the complaint and if it's impossible to sweep it under the rug, makes a ruling.

Party leader of the offending councillor either tries to play down the 'offence' and stands by their man, or SUPPORTS the complaint usually in an attempt to put some distance between themselves and the councillor.

If you could say one 'good' thing about CAB, he always sided with his councillors until it became absolutely impossible to support their baffoonery. (Except when it came to supporting Stephen and Cranney of course, when on such occasions even baffoonery was tolerated).

My guess with this one would be Shame will side WITH the councillors who complain
against the perceived racism.

To do anything OTHER than that would look like he was condoning it. Which I don't believe he would.

akarjl2

I will keep this simple- who cares, I mean really who cares? Perceived racism? I guess it is school holidays so someone is missing the attention?

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on January 02, 2020, 09: PM
I will keep this simple......

I tried.
I made it into one of those old comic 'Spot The Clue' strips.
I gave away:
1)the name of the offender
2)the nature of the offence
3)a tamer example of the offence

If I were to link the the problem it would be instantly removed as extremely offensive.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on January 02, 2020, 08: PM
Getting back to the point, these things usually pan out as follows.

Councillor says or does something stupid potentially worthy of complaint.

Opponents of said councillor complain and/or inform the media.

Chief Solicitor investigates the complaint and if it's impossible to sweep it under the rug, makes a ruling.

Party leader of the offending councillor either tries to play down the 'offence' and stands by their man, or SUPPORTS the complaint usually in an attempt to put some distance between themselves and the councillor.

If you could say one 'good' thing about CAB, he always sided with his councillors until it became absolutely impossible to support their baffoonery. (Except when it came to supporting Stephen and Cranney of course, when on such occasions even baffoonery was tolerated).

My guess with this one would be Shame will side WITH the councillors who complain
against the perceived racism.

To do anything OTHER than that would look like he was condoning it. Which I don't believe he would.
You've told us nothing that we don't know, as regards procedure, so your point is?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I've told you Shane will side with the people making the complaint.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on January 03, 2020, 07: AM
I've told you Shane will side with the people making the complaint.

Again who cares- a convicted drunk driver ( IMO Drunk Driver is the same as someone running around the streets on drugs with a loaded shot gun= should get 5-10 years.... but that's another discussion) leading a team of lemmings who jump from party to party......with a "member " who might have said something ...perceived....

Nobody gives a toss about Shame and the other tossers - their time will come when the next local elections occur. If nothing changes ( same as during general election) then the sheeple will get what they deserve and the town will simply be a boil on the a*r**o** of England.

Stick to your day job you wouldn't last five minutes in a corporate, legal or media environment - you would be eviscerated for peddling "non news".