The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: admin on November 22, 2019, 05: PM
No - you can't say that sort of thing online (or anywhere else, for that matter). Be warned.

Actually you can.

This from youtube

https://youtu.be/qSIj17xbAyk?t=54

A western classic that we all have heard 100s of times with no idea of what the original lyrics are saying

This children's classic is also popular despite the original intent of the composer:

https://youtu.be/dMK45nYx4oc?t=97

and the words show the way songwriters would write (in a way they believe slaves spoke) how the happy slaves would act when they finish their dawn to dusk toiling in the cotton-fields. They would sing and dance and praise the 'massa' for providing them with food and shelter.

I make no apology for exposing the closet racists by mocking them with the way attitudes have changed whilst they stand rooted in the past  . They are exactly like the people who wrote and performed those songs in 'happy slave speak'. The xenophobic claptrap they spout is every bit as disturbing as the views of those who (even today) defended the original words to those songs. What was once the norm is not now the norm. Times and attitudes change and you  adapt and move on. You do not actively campaign for a return to the Good (for you) Old Days when you could call a spade a spade and a Black Man a N*******.

The phrase I used that provoked the faux outrage is lifted from MY MAMMY'S LULLABY.  3rd line of the third verse

http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/songster/54-my-mammys-lullaby.htm

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/_tuu5YtkPIo?t=61

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 23, 2019, 07: AM

Cue extended response with quotes....mention a few racist words and try turning it around.......zzzzzzzzzz

L'esprit de l'escalier but unfortunately you got caught altering your post!

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 23, 2019, 07: AM
The phrase I used

Why use it?

Too much drivel...too late to justify your offensive post.

As usual you leap in with some odd explanation and a selection of videos but say nothing about the thread subject.

Simple question to the forums diversity advisor, MK1.

Do you think we should continue handing over 13+ Billion a year in overseas aid?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

You don't address your original faux pas with your home 'lyric' by bombarding us with even more offensive lyrics dressed up in a thin veneeri of the idea you're 'educating' us. You aren't so stop talking down to people.
You're trouble is you constantly have to go over the top of what's necessary to prove to yourself any point you're making.....not us.
Odd how David's been desperately banging away at finding a hint of racist comment from a 'brexiteer' so he can address and cure the devil's disciples  as God ordained and joyously prove to himself he was right. And look who fell into the trap! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 23, 2019, 07: AM
You don't address your original faux pas 

When exactly was that again?

Inspector Knacker

Amnesia struck again....or worse still selective amnesia....?

mk1

dressed up in a thin veneeri of the idea you're 'educating' us.

Good Lord where did you get the impression I was trying to educate you?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 23, 2019, 07: AM
dressed up in a thin veneeri of the idea you're 'educating' us.

Good Lord where did you get the impression I was trying to educate you?
You're so obviously not 'educating' anyone, you just believe you are, hence the use of the words 'thin veneer', On reflection I should really have said 'thinnest of veneers'.

mk1

You're so obviously not 'educating' anyone,

Obviously.
Where is that quote about pork when you need it?

Inspector Knacker

Doubtless you'll have it somewhere....although like your flares, a bit dated now.

admin

A warning ... the next person to post what the admins. consider to be offensive/racist material may find they're placed on pre-mod.

admin

PS - we rarely get posts reported but this has happened today - and we don't want a repeat.

fred c

Well what can you say about that gem of a post, puerile, offensive, disgusting, racist and totally unwarranted.......

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 22, 2019, 04: PM
Mk1, don't you be coming on here with your knowledge, facts and evidence based arguments. There's no place for that on this forum.

What people like here are meaningless platitudes. Awareness, expertise, knowledge and factual information are frowned upon.

P.S Brexit means Brexit.

There you go David..... An honest opinion about foreign aid and you dredge up Brexit to try and belittle the poster......Is it any wonder none one wants to engage with you.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 23, 2019, 09: AM

An honest opinion about foreign aid and you dredge up Brexit to try and belittle the poster......Is it any wonder none one wants to engage with you.
Not quite correct.
A poster said aid should not be given to foreign countries who are developing Nuclear Weapons.
It was pointed out that the UK received Foreign Aid whilst it was developing Nuclear Weapons.

Came thus the reply:

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 04: PM

This will come as no surprise but I couldn't give a flying f*c* about the Marshal Plan 74 years ago back in 1945

The original 'Nuclear Weapons' reason not even remotely an 'honest' opinion.

Later he did post his honest opinion:

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 07: PM
I don't really care if it's 50 pence.....