What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

It's hardly lighting the blue touchpaper when you flip the argument back to me having to argue why I voted remain.

I've listed thousands of reasons to remain in the EU on this forum over the years.

I've yet to hear a valid reason why we should leave.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 07, 2019, 07: PM

...I have no idea what you mean by a tumble weed, is it a derogatory term and is it aimed at me. ?

That will be David making an allusion to an empty space where nothing moves except the odd tumbleweed caught by the wind. I presume he is implying that none of his points about Shane will be addressed and they will simply be ignored. I think he is correct as so far this is the standard (non) tactic whenever any of the ways in which the current Council acts in the exact same as the old Council is mentioned.
No one  has (so far)  defended Shane and no attempt has been  made to justify or explain his  questionable actions. I guess the duplicity is so obvious that no cogent defense is possible

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 07, 2019, 08: PM
It's hardly lighting the blue touchpaper

I was referring to the suggestion we should split the union up....
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 07, 2019, 06: PM
..anyone remember 1979?

I remember the 1970s I once left a job on Friday morning and started another on the following Monday. I also got sacked once for doing the exact same as my supervisor (going off-site to buy a bacon sandwich) but nothing happened to him and the much maligned 'Union power' could do nothing to save me. So yes I remember the 'bad' old days. It had advantages and it had disadvantages. Life is complex and the current polarized   winner-takes-all and fcuk the losers' choice offered on nearly every issue rarely delivers satisfactory results .

mk1

Here is what Shane said in July

Quote from: SRMoore on July 27, 2019, 04: PM
You're right, you haven't asked me those questions before but I have been asked on social media which is where I remember answering them.

I attended the Farage visit to the marina as I was supporting a friend, John Tennant, who we all know was standing in the European Elections as a Brexit Party candidate.

I myself have no link to the Brexit Party other than that I am a supporter of the UK leaving the EU and not ashamed to say so. I am not a member, supporter or activist. I am an independent councillor and that is how it was remain going forward.

Oh and no, I have absolutely no interests in getting involved with national politics. I've a wife, young family and a dog right here in Hartlepool. I'm small town boy who couldn't think of anything worse than living and working in London. No thank you.

And here is Shane today.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-party-chairman-richard-tice-announces-he-standing-mp-hartlepool-919419

Anyone able to  'Spot the difference'?

DRiddle

Aahhh so Corbyn is a Trotskyist, I see. Therefore because of that the best alternative is Boris Johnson?

Let's suppose Corbyn is advocating an alternative economic system or some significant adaptation of our current one.

Is that so bad?

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on November 07, 2019, 09: PM
Aahhh so Corbyn is a Trotskyist, I see. Therefore because of that the best alternative is Boris Johnson?

Let's suppose Corbyn is advocating an alternative economic system or some significant adaptation of our current one.

Is that so bad?

I suspect that The Labour Manifesto  spending plans are actually lower than the Tory proposals. That is another thing I miss-all the jokes about the Labour 'Magic Money Tree'!

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 07, 2019, 09: PM
the best alternative is Boris Johnson?

Did I say that? They are all as bad as each other local and national none of them can be trusted.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

I have heard Shane's bin was ticketed and left  this week because it  was too heavy to lift on account of it overflowing with  these old flyers.

This is very bad news for the Brexiteers. Their vote is split and it is a massive own-goal.

Inspector Knacker

Close the board down till the 13th December,  because all we're going to get is this condescending nonsense turning the board into a place to be avoided on pain of being bored to death or patronised.
Or was that the intention?
Anywhere the 'B' word is allowed now becomes a place of recoil to the 'enlightened'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 07, 2019, 07: PM
No it's not aimed at you Fred.
So if it's not, you must know who it is aimed at.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 07, 2019, 09: PM
Close the board down till the 13th December,  because all we're going to get is.........................'.

.................awkward facts that Shane can not explain away.

Rather than address Shanes duplicity you now want to 'close down the board'?

I said this earlier:
Quote from: mk1 on November 07, 2019, 08: PM

No one  has (so far)  defended Shane and no attempt has been  made to justify or explain his  questionable actions. I guess the duplicity is so obvious that no cogent defense is possible

and your censorship call is confirmation the duplicity is so obvious that no cogent defense is possible

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: mk1 on November 07, 2019, 09: PM
I have heard Shane's bin was ticketed and left  this week because it  was too heavy to lift on account of it overflowing with  these old flyers.

Thanks MK1, genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Inspector Knacker

Still on duty... or QRA...? ;D This is almost Pythonesque. ;D ;D ;D

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 07, 2019, 06: PM

I'm 'only 42' but never in my life have a seen such a gullible electorate.
aka anyone who doesn't embrace my informed opinion

I've still yet to hear ONE single coherent arguement for leaving the EU on this forum.
You never will, because in your world there is no credible reason for leaving.