What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

Quote from: seaton on November 15, 2019, 01: PM
Another post which IK & Mk 1 have took over,  we need an IK, MK1 forum only, their antics are putting people off posting their opinions.

I agree. It's not even worthy and intelligible opinions being posted, it's more like playground one-upmanship.

It's pissing me off to be frank.

I keep on reading (or scrolling more like), but I don't feel inclined to even bother getting involved by posting my opinions any more. Whatever I say will be wrong in some way shape or form.
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2019, 04: PM

I agree. It's not even worthy and intelligible opinions being posted, it's more like playground one-upmanship.

I keep on reading (or scrolling more like), but I don't feel inclined to even bother getting involved by posting my opinions any more. Whatever I say will be wrong in some way shape or form.

I checked. It seems you only came back  to life when you thought Brexit did not get a positive slant. If you cared about the forum you would START threads but you don't. I used to do it on a regular basis because no one else was posting anything

I get told I am 'wrong' all the time and a bunch of cry-babies are actively trying to silence me (dream on snowflakes) but I can handle it.

mk1

Quote from: whatabouthisthen on November 15, 2019, 03: PM
What I don't understand about mk1 and Dave Riddle's posts is why don't they use cogent arguments as to why they are, apparently, remainers as their posts suggest.

There seems to be other matters you don't understand. Please link me to a post where I come down in favour of Leaving  or staying.
Oh and in case you had not noticed 3 'Leavers have made it plain they will not be explaining their reasons to anyone so perhaps you could 'chide' them as well?

diSme

Quote from: mk1 on November 15, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2019, 04: PM

I checked. It seems you only came back  to life when you thought Brexit did not get a positive slant. If you cared about the forum you would START threads but you don't. I used to do it on a regular basis because no one else was posting anything

I get told I am 'wrong' all the time and a bunch of cry-babies are actively trying to silence me (dream on snowflakes) but I can handle it.

Look mate, I'm basically just a working class Hartlepudlian bloke who cares about and has a moderate level of interest in local politics. I don't claim to be intelligent or particularly intellectual, but I do care, and It's becoming increasingly difficult for the likes of me to post my thoughts without being berated or belittled for my 'uneducated' opinions because the forum is chocca block with people who seem to be incessantly swinging their dicks against each other.

I'm not a thread starter. I don't have relevant information to share. All I have is my opinions. If you "checked", then you will have read my opening post and would have realised that wouldn't you...

mk1

Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2019, 05: PM

It's becoming increasingly difficult for the likes of me to post my thoughts without being berated or belittled for my 'uneducated' opinions

Can I have the link to where you were 'berated'? 

Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2019, 05: PM
I'm not a thread starter. I don't have relevant information to share. All I have is my opinions.

Same here. Notice how I am being berated for sharing my opinion and the way those offended because I do not echo their views twist my posting my opinion to me forcing my views upon them.

akarjl2

Please link me to a post where I come down in favour of Leaving  or staying.

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on November 13, 2019, 06: AM

I am guessing you voted remain.......

It is not often you are right and today is no exception.

As requested happy to oblige ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

diSme, I have never berated,  criticised or in any way mocked your opinions. I don't need proof because I know I haven't done it.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 15, 2019, 05: PM

As requested ;)
If that is your attempt at a gotcha then you have failed miserably.

akarjl2

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 15, 2019, 05: PM

As requested ;)
If that is your attempt at a gotcha then you have failed miserably.

Nope I just cut and paste your response.......

diSme

Ok, maybe I didn't word that quite right. Perhaps I should have said 'without feeling a little bit belittled' or something along those lines. Someone else made a similar post quite recently which I empathise with (don't ask me to try and find it please!).

You have to admit though, both IK and MK1, you are both prolific posters, and a lot of what you are posting recently is literally just irrelevant tit for tat (now that I can find easily), and I really don't think it's conducive for encouraging the likes of me to post my opinions, and from what I gather there are others that feel similarly.

It's almost as if keeping the forum busy and active, or having a high post count has become more important than relevancy.

Personally, I don't mind if things go quiet now and then, it happens when there's nothing much of interest to discuss. I don't see the need to force it just for the sake of activity.

Just my opinion fellas

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2019, 06: PM
Ok, maybe I didn't word that quite right. Perhaps I should have said 'without feeling a little bit belittled' or something along those lines. Someone else made a similar post quite recently which I empathise with (don't ask me to try and find it please!).

You have to admit though, both IK and MK1, you are both prolific posters, and a lot of what you are posting recently is literally just irrelevant tit for tat (now that I can find easily), and I really don't think it's conducive for encouraging the likes of me to post my opinions, and from what I gather there are others that feel similarly.

It's almost as if keeping the forum busy and active, or having a high post count has become more important than relevancy.

Personally, I don't mind if things go quiet now and then, it happens when there's nothing much of interest to discuss. I don't see the need to force it just for the sake of activity.

Just my opinion fellas

Well said- now hunker down in your trench and expect incoming..... :( :( :( :(

mk1

There are things 'of interest' that could be discussed.  The root of the current problems was my attempt to start a thread on Shane's lies, broken promises and duplicity. No one bothered  replying about it and when I tried again it was made quite plain that criticism of the current Council is not really welcome. 

Inspector Knacker

Just my opinion fellas
I can assure you if you want to come on, then come on  and keep the board alive. My sudden interest, is about Brexit and to be honest decided to have my say, but that's what it's all about.
I can't wait to get back to the boring local stuff in the town and really all this Brexit twaddle should be in another section,  where I could avoid it completely. I do not want Brexit brainwashing on this section of the board, simple as that.

DRiddle

If you know my history on this forum you'll know I've spoken at length about hundreds of reasons to remain over the last ten years or so. I did so long before the referendum even became a reality.

I asked for ONE reason from the Brexit voters and was offered nothing but silence, paranoia and insecurities.

Inspector Knacker

To paraphrase Gladstone, a 'You address us as if we were a public meeting'.