Good old fashioned local issues.

Started by Inspector Knacker, November 01, 2019, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I came on this board to talk about boring issues like our crap bus service, vain local politicians, thick local politicians, the ruining of our town by incompetents , why the Labour wild flowers were a waste of money and a thousand other rivets of the structure of our community.
I'd love it if we could get back to that joyous boredom.
Any chance of a separate category for the conspiracy theorists and 're-educators', a political echo chamber where like minded obsessive scant gather.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

admin

Post members have two other sections on the forum to play with for non-local stuff. One deals with national discussions and a second covers international material. Please use them.

kevplumb

so why is a debate over a general election in local matters????? ???
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on November 03, 2019, 03: AM
My point exactly. But who keeps bringing it into this section?
This section gets the relatively biggest audience and anyone who wants an audience isn't going to go into the echo chamber section so we get bored to death with it on here.
Local election stuff ok, but that should be it.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 03, 2019, 06: AM

Did you bother to check who started the Election thread? 
Or who poster no 3 was?

Truthache

From the 7 pages (so far) on the general election thread, it would seem the forum has entered self-destruct mode.  Who said this, who said that etc.
Boring in my humble opinion.  Please move on.

admin

Quote from: Truthache on November 03, 2019, 09: AM
From the 7 pages (so far) on the general election thread, it would seem the forum has entered self-destruct mode.  Who said this, who said that etc.
Boring in my humble opinion.  Please move on.

Please ....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Why did I start the bit about a general election in the  local section? Because I expected the discussion to be about how it might play out in Hartlepool.

kevplumb

are you having  a giraffe we will get shat on same as we always do  and anybody that thinks corbyn is a good choice needs their bumps feeling
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Perhaps we could ask who was given control of the Burn Valley Allotments and then sub-let them to the   Burn Valley Allotment and Security Group?  It looks like the allotment holders have been caught up in a battle to reclaim the land after 'someone' in the previous administration 'gifted' the land to the mystery person who can not (because it would be politically embarrassing?) be named.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/council/council-chiefs-defend-asking-hartlepool-allotment-group-leave-plot-825004

Which establishment  should be  next on the illegal sub-letting hit list?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 03, 2019, 08: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 03, 2019, 06: AM

Did you bother to check who started the Election thread? 
Or who poster no 3 was?

I never brought it up, I merely responded. Unless you only like those who agree with you respond.