General Election December 12th?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, October 24, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

I certainly hope so listening to what all the parties are going to do for us will cheer us up, until December the 13th

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder if it will actually happen? Not many MPs seem to be on board.

Inspector Knacker

The Grand Old Duke of Corbyn will march his 'troops' half way up the hill and back down again and again and again. 
Si I wouldn't bank on anything.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 25, 2019, 03: PM
The Grand Old Duke of Corbyn will march his 'troops' half way up the hill and back down again and again and again. 
Let us hope  Bonking Boris  keeps his word...........................

https://youtu.be/__Kn-AOCd3I?t=47

Inspector Knacker

I suspect you'll be disappointed.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 25, 2019, 03: PM

An interesting article from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/25/labour-jeremy-corbyn-party-leader-brexit-boris-johnson

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 25, 2019, 05: PM
...............like the DUP? Anyone who thinks  Boris is a man of his word is delusional.

fred c

Johnson, Corbyn, Swinson, Farage, Blackford are all acomplished liars and none will answer a question without resorting to obfuscation and disingenuous facts.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 25, 2019, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 25, 2019, 05: PM
...............like the DUP? Anyone who thinks  Boris is a man of his word is delusional.
'Politician is a man of his word', one headline you won't see about most of them. But carry on being selective.

mk1

Why do we need an election? Did not the people speak in 2017? They elected their MPs  and it is obvious (from the result) there was no 'overwhelming' majority for any particular political party nor for a particular political view. The public decided what they wanted was a balance and that that balance would work out a fix.
Why do we need another election when this was decided in 2017?
As we keep being told you can not have two bites at the cherry. Once a vote is held then the will of the people can not ever be challenged again for any reason. All the 'traitors' who want another election are just upset their views are not in the majority. Unable to accept this they want another go.
What if they fail again?
Do they intend to hold another election and another  until they get the 'right' result'.

Blondell

Remove the word election and put in the word referendum, it just seems to be the same argument.

mk1

Quote from: Blondell on October 26, 2019, 02: AM
Remove the word election and put in the word referendum, it just seems to be the same argument.

Really?  What a coincidence!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 25, 2019, 10: PM
Why do we need an election? Did not the people speak in 2017? They elected their MPs  and it is obvious (from the result) there was no 'overwhelming' majority for any particular political party nor for a particular political view.
Yes, the people did speak in 2017 ..... sadly the MP's immediately decided they weren't going to keep their manifesto promise and proceeded to drop the mask and reveal their true colours.
If they'd kept to their 2017 election promise, we'd have got the MP's we'd elected.
We didn't, just weasel words from weasels.

fred c

It isn't leavers or remainers who have polarised the British public it's the politicians of all shades who have failed to enact the will of the people, unfortunately the animosity created by their decisions will last for years.