The Odeon..... non brexit

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 22, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I see the painters turned up slap a bit of black and grey on the doors. Can they get a tree surgeon to sort out the 'hanging gardens of Odeon'.
As someone once said on another board, it's like putting a decorative dado rail on a dredger.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder if the owners had been told to 'tidy it up' & this was their response?

Inspector Knacker

Rumours of a giant dust sheet in Warehouse X in the docks.  ;)

Land Phil

Bizarrely they did the same to the Longscar Hall before flattening it.

Inspector Knacker

It may be a part of some bizarre ritual. I hope they can save the frieze though.

mr ben

The council have bought it !!! its going to be a retirement village of labour Councillors that have taking out more than they have put in .... They have applied for plans to extend it because it is nearly full to capacity already ... 

fred c

Am I reading the Hartlepool Post ? A post without (Yet) a poster being taken to task for some infraction or other, how refreshing.

Inspector Knacker

Give it time, it's early days.
Cue cutting from the 'Muckthorpe Mirror' highlighting the surplus of redundant cinemas caused by ?

Inspector Knacker

Just a thought, but can The Odeon now be reclassified as 'refurbished'.....?
They must have slapped a good 53p on the value?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on October 23, 2019, 08: AM
Am I reading the Hartlepool Post ? A post without (Yet) a poster being taken to task for some infraction or other, how refreshing.

Don't break out the Veuve Cliquot too fast - or is it no longer on sale in Hartlepool due to decreased demand from certain quarters?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 23, 2019, 10: AM
Just a thought, but can The Odeon now be reclassified as 'refurbished'.....?
They must have slapped a good 53p on the value?

Depends on whether Cranney & the SCABS are valuing it with a view to buy?  8)

mk1

You missed a thread

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,5176.msg54945.html#msg54945

I presume this type of 'taking to task' is still exempt from criticism?

your latest ill-informed diatribes against us 17.4 million people who voted leave. You never seem to tire of slipping in posts replete with the use of childish imagery like :- Johnny Foreigner' or 'Brexit loonies' etc etc ad nauseum.
And you don't seem to care one jot that your hero Hill has stuck his grubby fingers in his ears chanting :-
"Nah nah nah.....I can't hear you plebs!!... I don't give a toss that over 60% of my constituents voted to leave. I'm going to blindly follow my Marxist, terrorist loving, UK hating muppet of a leader and vote to stay in the customs union, maintain total free movement and propose a deal to the EU that they will double up with laughter and ridicule before tossing on the garbage dump of Brexit history"
Like jezza, maybe you should spend more time down on the allotment, and while you're there, invite nonentity Hill and his replacement for the safe seat Hill will soon be ousted from...Doc Pothole. Between the 3 of you I reckon your marrow crop would be phenomenal. And soon you can export them to eu (with reasonable tariffs in place of course!)

That is a previous post from one of the current snowflakes whining now because they get the same by return.

The answer to the expected reply is 'You started it'.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 23, 2019, 03: PM

You missed a thread

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,5176.msg54945.html#msg54945

I presume this type of 'taking to task' is still exempt from criticism?

your latest ill-informed diatribes against us 17.4 million people who voted leave. You never seem to tire of slipping in posts replete with the use of childish imagery like :- Johnny Foreigner' or 'Brexit loonies' etc etc ad nauseum.
And you don't seem to care one jot that your hero Hill has stuck his grubby fingers in his ears chanting :-
"Nah nah nah.....I can't hear you plebs!!... I don't give a toss that over 60% of my constituents voted to leave. I'm going to blindly follow my Marxist, terrorist loving, UK hating muppet of a leader and vote to stay in the customs union, maintain total free movement and propose a deal to the EU that they will double up with laughter and ridicule before tossing on the garbage dump of Brexit history"
Like jezza, maybe you should spend more time down on the allotment, and while you're there, invite nonentity Hill and his replacement for the safe seat Hill will soon be ousted from...Doc Pothole. Between the 3 of you I reckon your marrow crop would be phenomenal. And soon you can export them to eu (with reasonable tariffs in place of course!)

That is a previous post from one of the current snowflakes whining now because they get the same by return.

I've read that several times and still can't fathom out your stance on the Odeon refurbishment.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: mk1 on October 23, 2019, 03: PM

Is this for the five minutes, or the full half hour?

Eagerly waiting on the correction of my misquote.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 23, 2019, 07: AM
It may be a part of some bizarre ritual. I hope they can save the frieze though.

Not quite Eric Gill, but ...  8)