Hartlepools very own

Started by mr ben, October 20, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

I'm currently reading Corbyn's biography ... very enlightening ... and distinctly terrifying!

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 23, 2019, 06: PM

A popular phrase among politicians and commentators of the remain persuasion, in fact they invented it. So, what's good for the goose is good for Councillor.
I agree. But that was not the issue.

My problem was not that the  Corbyn 'gotcha' was used but the way the Shane 'gotcha' was rubbished. Either all such gotchas are valid or none are. Just allowing the gotcha that embarrases the politics you do not support is bias.  There may be those who think that is ok but they should not then claim they are free of political bias. 

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 23, 2019, 06: PM
As for Corbin,  that's the one case where I was disappointed. Tony Benn will be disappointed.

As will those who took Shane at his word back in July:

Quote from: SRMoore on July 27, 2019, 04: PM

I myself have no link to the Brexit Party other than that I am a supporter of the UK leaving the EU and not ashamed to say so. I am not a member, supporter or activist. I am an independent councillor and that is how it was remain going forward.

Oh and no, I have absolutely no interests in getting involved with national politics. I've a wife,

Shane lied. He deceived the voters but because he now supports a single national issue those obsessed with that single national issue are willing to abandon all their principles in order to achieve their aim.
Shane is peeing on the public and when they complain says its just raining.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 23, 2019, 06: PM
I'm currently reading Corbyn's biography ... very enlightening ... and distinctly terrifying!

Can you give us the title.

Not that I think just the title will give any clues to  the message the author is trying to get across...........................

If not the current book is it the previous unbiased and very even-handed(snigger..) book put out by Conservative Central Office Lord Ashcroft?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on October 23, 2019, 06: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 23, 2019, 06: PM

Can you give us the title.

Not that I think just the title will give any clues to  the message the author is trying to get across...........................

Dangerous Hero - author Tom Bower

mk1