Hartlepools very own

Started by mr ben, October 20, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

As I said at the time, this false allegation had certain people's fingerprints all over it. It was widely known (within certain circles) specifically who had made the initial allegation. It was also very easy to 'connect the dots' to find the link between the accuser and a small band of local political parasites.

My stance on these people hasn't softened.

They'll finally be gone in about 7 months time.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on October 21, 2019, 09: PM
As I said at the time, this false allegation had certain people's fingerprints all over it. It was widely known (within certain circles) specifically who had made the initial allegation. It was also very easy to 'connect the dots' to find the link between the accuser and a small band of local political parasites.

My stance on these people hasn't softened.

They'll finally be gone in about 7 months time.

I just checked the original thread

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,5162.0.html

Quote from: fred c on September 23, 2019, 07: AM
If as a couple of posters suggest the allegations have come from persons in the town it should take about 5 minutes for the labour party to absolve Mike Hill of any wrongdoing.

Appears they took 10 mins.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 08: PM
Treatment of David Riddle'? Truthfully haven't a clue what you're talking about (though no doubt you'll find some obscure/out of context screenshot to endorse your claim).

Dirk posted this on the Post FB page on Sept 8th 2019:

It was a link to  Corbyn speaking in 2009:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1406614609498532/

The Mods said this:

If Carlsberg did hypocrites...................................

His followers will deny it or find an excuse........................

Then just 6 days later David posted this on the Post FB page dated Sept 14th 2019

It was a link to a 2013 post here by Shane.

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,914.msg11662.html#msg11662

For his trouble he got this from the ModS

trawling through 6 year old post about Shane, you should consider how is performing as leader now, then comment on that.......................It's how he is performing as leader that counts,............. I don't know if it's you trying to show everyone how clever you are, .. ..

.I hope all councillors and ex councillors have nothing on Google to be embarrassed about from the last century.
People change. Ideas change. Opinions change. Many of our towns councillors have in the past changed parties. Some even changed wards tho not moved............................are you running for Council again? Shall we screenshot that comment for the future?.........................

surely going back six years to quote someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Whatever anyone's views, times change and circumstances move on. Your post smacks of desperation.................................

Why is there one set of rules  for those who expose the duplicity of a Left-wing Politician and a mere  6 days later an entirely different set of rules for those who expose the duplicity of a right-wing Politician?

The two posts are identical in their intent but only one of the posters was attacked.
Why?

Inspector Knacker

So you claim you didn't have a problem with the 'independents' till they joined the Brexit Party. As you are renowned for having a loathing for anyone with a Brexit connection, it comes as no surprise. However, a popular phrase churned out by the mono thought remainders to justify a 'people's vote', is people are allowed to change their mind. Touché. Fact is they've joined up with a Party you despise and it rankles.
As for three photo's of Mr Moore in the local rag, he has one lonooooooong way to go to catch up to the ego on legs.
Whoever came in was going to have a job on their hands following the previous act.
I treat every Party the same, I favour none, but I'm not pedantically infuriated by Brexit so much it clouds clear thinking.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 22, 2019, 05: AM
So you claim you didn't have a problem with the 'independents' till they joined the Brexit Party.

No I got upset because Shane lied. He lied here on this very forum just a few weeks before went public.

Quote from: SRMoore on July 27, 2019, 04: PM

...........I myself have no link to the Brexit Party other than that I am a supporter of the UK leaving the EU and not ashamed to say so. I am not a member, supporter or activist. I am an independent councillor and that is how it was remain going forward.

Oh and no, I have absolutely no interests in getting involved with national politics..........................
How many
lies can you count in that lot? Dated July 17 which is 48 days before did get 'interested in national politics'.

However, a popular phrase churned out by the mono thought remainders.........

I have been very careful not to give an opinion on Brexit.  If you don't believe me then find where you 'think' I have.

people are allowed to change their mind.

Indeed they are. But the question I asked is why was someone who pointed out that Corbyn had 'changed his mind'  not  criticised but the person who  pointed out Shane had 'changed his mind' criticised by 3 Mods and treated so rudely?
Its the bias that is the problem. Level playing field etc.

mk1

So you claim you didn't have a problem with the 'independents' till they joined the Brexit Party...............Fact is they've joined up with a Party you despise and it rankles..

Fact is you are wrong.  Please read this where I laid into 'Shane' for his lies long before there he joined The Brexit Party.
You may think you treat all parties the same but in reality you don't.

Quote from: mk1 on May 30, 2019, 09: PM

Shane has made a deal with the Conservatives and given them more chairs than they should have whilst keeping CAB in a position of great influence. . Shane also has a high-profile Councillor with a  second day-job even further away than Doc Pothole. Remind me again how much  has changed.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 22, 2019, 07: AM

Fact is you are wrong. .
You may think you treat all parties the same but in reality you don't.
This is like being the headmasters study.
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of thought, but I'll decide the outcome of my thought process.
Cue copious notes pointing out contradictions in my thought process.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on October 21, 2019, 08: PM
Quote from: fred c on October 21, 2019, 07: PM
, I accepted that situation for several reasons 1) My personal preference for non political local governance isn't going to happen so I had to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to a group to run the town
[/quote

Your personal 'personal preference for non political local governance' was what made you vote for a group claiming it was independent and was not beholding to a National Political Party. When elected this group joined a National Political Party (to be precise joined an Organisation that is a business and owned by Nigel Farage personally) and thus went directly against all its original aims. They LIED to you,  you know they LIED to you but you will ignore that fact because of  'Brexit'.  I learn by my mistakes.

My choice of vote was to get rid of the labour ruling group, basically I don't give a flying flamingon who runs the country they are all the same, whoever it is will make no difference to ordinary people.

I don't have any problems with David I hold him in high regard, I do however feel his constant referral to Shane as Shame was unworthy of him, as for CAB getting a chair I agree, it should never have happened, but the fact that 2 labour councillors were asked to continue as chairs was refused by new labour in fact it was denied by them.

I don't have a problem with the tone of your posts I grew up in a hard bait cabin but others find it overpowering......Personaly I have always had a wheelbarrow full of respect for you, your commitment to politics in the town, your insights and fact finding shone a light into dark corners.

DRiddle

I see it like this. Myself and others devoted significant chunks of our time trying to help rid Hartlepool Council of CAB and the wider SCAB hangers on. In my view he was poison and absolutely toxic while in a position of authority on the council. I still hold that opinion. I know for an absolute fact that many HBC officers loathed working under him and were appalled by some of the things which were allowed to go on. That's not conjecture, that's fact. I know for certain because many at all levels within HBC were in contact with me and told me that first hand.

What officers wanted was CAB completely out of their hair and him back to ignoring complaints from residents about dog poo etc. until he's finally voted out (if he dares stand) next May.

Instead, what they GOT was him still strutting around HBC like he runs the place AND chairing an important committee which has leverage involving 7 figure decisions.

Referring to Shane as SHAME may seen churlish but he had a binary choice regarding giving CAB or James Black the chair of that committee. He chose CAB.

To me, that's utterly shameful, hence the moniker 'SHAME'.

I also find it utterly shameful that he campaigned as a Tory/UKIP/independent/HIU/Brexit Party, which totally undermines the work of genuine independents and the part they played in helping to oust CAB. People will no longer trust independents in future local elections as all/most will be tarred with the 'deception brush'.

Depending on the situation with Brexit, I don't see the current balance of power lasting very long, especially if we DO leave the EU. In the local elections next May the current ruling group have handed Labour the perfect opportunity so simply say "We ditched the Akers-Belchers and that lot let him back in the trough". That'll come back to bite them and anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.

Regarding my lack of posts on the forum of late, I actually find it a very insular place these days.

Even back in the day when i used to have ding dongs on here about the EU with Kipperdip (the late Dave Pascoe), at least he used to try and defend his position with what he believed to be reasoned arguments about fishing quotas and parliamentary sovereignty and such like.

These days all you get on here or the posts facebook is 'We want Brexit" and then when you attempt to engage anyone in discussion about WHY they want brexit they clam up and accuse you of trying to be clever or being a re-moaner or whatever.

As i said on a previous post somewhere, it's all gone a bit 'gammon' for my tastes. I'll happily debate all day with anyone about Brexit and the EU and whatever, but it's not a debate if people just shout about 'taking back control' and other such platitudes without any substance.

Still, i guess this whole situation is synonymous with the damage the EU referendum has done in terms of pitting people against each other.

Prior to Cameron calling the referendum there was about 1 million Ukippers chuntering about Muslims and about 200 zaelots in his own party doing the same. The rest of the UK were cracking on with their lives.

Now we have about 35 million people at each others throats.

diSme

I think it's fair to say that a good chunk of the electorate wanted CAB completely out of their hair also, and I'm pretty certain that Shane used to voice a similar sentiment on this forum, so it isn't surprising that he is considered to be somewhat duplicitous.
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 22, 2019, 07: AM

This is like being the headmasters study.
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of thought, but I'll decide the outcome of my thought process.
Cue copious notes pointing out contradictions in my thought process.

You are entitled to your own thoughts but if you make things up then you will be challenged.
You claimed I only complained after the rename of the IU.
I gave you a post that shows I complained about the lies  long before that betrayal.
That means your original claim was wrong and I corrected your error.
No need to thank me.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on October 22, 2019, 08: AM

I don't have any problems with David I hold him in high regard, I do however feel his constant referral to Shane as Shame was unworthy of him,.
Its just like the SCAB nickname. I started that and no one seems to have any problems with it.

I wrote this way back in 2012:

Quote from: mk1 on May 04, 2012, 07: PM
The problem Christine is you have gotten too close to your food
Personal connection is blinding you to the reality behind the smile and all the glad-handing.
You need to keep your distance from a politician. They have perfected the art of nodding attentively and saying they  understand/can help you and then forgetting all about you when they see the next opportunity for self enrichment.{EDIT:  in the current example party advantage}

You should put aside any  notion that you are a friend. You are being played and  you do not get that far up the greasy pole without being able to fake sincerity.

mk1

Quote from: diSme on October 22, 2019, 12: PM
so it isn't surprising that he is considered to be somewhat duplicitous.

All politicians are duplicitous. Its  part of the job and as long as the electorate see an MP as their personal messenger to the PM it will always be that way. You can't please all of the people all of the time. In the current climate the Brexiteers have gotten it into their heads that only their views matter and their MP (and everyone else) needs to do exactly what they want 'or else'.

Inspector Knacker

[quote author=mk1 link=topic=5181.msg54987#msg54987 date=1571722683

I have been very careful not to give an opinion on Brexit.  If you don't believe me then find where you 'think' I have.

[/quote]Really? I think from some of your less than charitable descriptions of 'brexiteers' leaves little doubt where your heart lays.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 22, 2019, 06: PM

I think from some of your less than charitable descriptions of 'brexiteers' leaves little doubt where your heart lays.
My problem is with fat baldy  old men running around threatening people. Drunks and slobs (or even women who fight outside pubs and 'put Hartlepool on the map'?)who normally spend their daylight hours closeted in pubs who now have found a 'cause' and something else to start a fight about.
Anyway lets get back to the point. You described me as a 'remainer' and I pointed out that I have been very careful not to pick a horse in this race. I did it  so that I could not be accused of being partisan. I guess that is a concept alien to you. I presume you looked and failed to find anything so how about admitting you made an assumption but were caught out by the facts-yet again!