Hartlepools very own

Started by mr ben, October 20, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

A lot of people are going to be very disappointed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-50130414

Mike Hill, who has been the MP for Hartlepool since 2017, was suspended from the party last month.

But having been informed the allegation was withdrawn, Labour has now reinstated Mr Hill.

The 56-year-old MP said the past few weeks had been a "very difficult time" for his family, friends and constituency staff.

Mr Hill, who "completely rejected" the allegations, said: "I was informed early last week that I have been reinstated to the Labour Party and to the Labour whip.

"I am pleased that I have been reinstated after what has been a very difficult time for my family, my staff and myself.

"The Labour Party acted as they should do in these instances in order to ensure that all protocols are followed properly and to protect the safety of all those involved and I would like to thank the party for their help and support throughout the process."

A Labour Party spokesman said: "The Labour Party takes all complaints of sexual harassment extremely seriously, which are fully investigated and any appropriate disciplinary action taken in line with the party's rules and procedures.

"We are determined to challenge and overturn sexual harassment and misogyny within politics and across society as a whole."

Inspector Knacker

Irrelevant, I judge him on is his uninspiring, bland, anonymous performance as an MP. If you approve of his performance feel free.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Why would people be disappointed by the result of the inquiry? He disappoints on many levels but didn't really ever think of him as a 'masher' (to use an old fashioned expression).

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 04: PM
@ MK1 - Or is the 'complete silence' you mention more to do with a broadside being unleashed at dissenters?

Depends how you describe 'dissenters' I thought it was a forum where you keep all local politicians to their word and not a fan club/support group for the Politicians you prefer.
The Forum was very disrespectful of Labour when it was in power and I am not complaining about that. The present ruling group are simply not given the same level of scrutiny.

I'm beginning to think that people aren't writing much on here because they fear that they'll just be shot down in flames.
I note the posts on the FB page complaining about the tone being set there and an interesting reply :

..Blaming the far right whilst totally ignoring the hard left is symptomatic of those who are incapable of adopting a fair and balanced view of the situation..

to which I respond:

..Blaming the far left whilst totally ignoring the hard right  is symptomatic of those who are incapable of adopting a fair and balanced view of the situation..

I can show you lots of examples where I attack 'the  left' as well as 'the right' but strangely no one complains when I attack 'the left'. 

mk1

I'm beginning to think that people aren't writing much on here because they fear that they'll just be shot down in flames.

Shot down like this perhaps?

Brexit is not a cult, it was a free vote by the largest ever democratic exercise in this country's history. If the duplicitous politicians of all political colours had carried out their promise to the people we would not be in the situation we are. The grievances that have built up are down entirely to the establishment, the biased media, and people like you. The constant garbage you spout about the NHS, worker's rights, Johnson's past, Universal Credit, is symptomatic of the attempts to discredit the vote to leave by any means. Over the last 40 odd months we have had the worst Tory PM in history, luckily we have also had an inept cretin in charge of the opposition, but still in that time the economy has improved to such an extent that the austerity is coming to an end. If you don't like what you say is going to happen to the UK, while freedom of movement is still in force, why not move to your utopian dream across the North Sea / Irish Sea?

Lucy Lass-Tick

The forum and the Facebook page are completely different media. The (extremely small) number of people currently posting on the forum are the 'old guard' - often pretty 'au fait' when it comes to local politics. The 2,500+ members on the Facebook page are a much more volatile crew - and many are political newbies. Keeping an acceptable tone on there can, at times, be like herding cats. But admins. do their humble best (although obviously not to your satisfaction). Personally, I'm neither right nor am I left - I don't support any particular party but I think that whoever is in power deserves a chance to succeed (or, indeed, to fail). My comments are not because you're attacking one particular faction, but because your posts over the last months have been rather fierce - and, to be frank, I suspect that their ferocity is putting others off when it comes to debate. Amendment - having read the post which appeared whilst this was being typed all I can say is QED.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on October 21, 2019, 06: PM
@ MK1 - Or is the 'complete silence' you mention more to do with a broadside being unleashed at dissenters?

Depends how you describe 'dissenters' I thought it was a forum where you keep all local politicians to their word and not a fan club/support group for the Politicians you prefer.
The Forum was very disrespectful of Labour when it was in power and I am not complaining about that. The present ruling group are simply not given the same level of scrutiny.

I note the posts on the FB page complaining about the tone being set there and an interesting reply :

..Blaming the far right whilst totally ignoring the hard left is symptomatic of those who are incapable of adopting a fair and balanced view of the situation..

to which I respond:

..Blaming the far left whilst totally ignoring the hard right  is symptomatic of those who are incapable of adopting a fair and balanced view of the situation..

I can show you lots of examples where I attack 'the  left' as well as 'the right' but strangely no one complains when I attack 'the left'.

I am guilty of the quote above, if guilt is needed, as it happens the comment was in response to a pedantic trolling post by a regular poster who has no problems airing his views on the Posts FB page.

The SCABAL were quite rightly heavily criticised over the way the ran the council and your comment regarding the present ruling group not receiving the same level of scrutiny is disingenuos, they have been criticised by users of the FB page and questions were asked at a recent council meeting on several issues that required explanation.

What seems to be a source of annoyance to yourself was the fact that independent councillors threw their lot in to become the Brexit party, I accepted that situation for several reasons 1) My personal preference for non political local governance isn't going to happen so I had to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to a group to run the town 2) The immediate aftermath of the elections that lead to the Independents taking control very quickly became clear, at the first meeting we witnessed exactly what the HCLP had in mind, double dealing and downright untruths on a number of issues.

There are undoubtedly very competent labour councillors and I have pointed that out on numerous occasions, unfortunately for whatever reason they were denied the opportunity to continue their good work by the HCLP which then tried to justify that decision with a variety of 'reasons'.

The first thing I used to check when opening my pc was the Hartlepool Post, that isn't the case now I can leave it for 3, 4, 5 days and no one posts, even hardened users have become totally pis*ed off by the confrontational attitude in your posts to virtualy all members who take the time to offer up their opinions here.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on October 21, 2019, 07: PM

What seems to be a source of annoyance to yourself was the fact that independent councillors threw their lot in to become the Brexit party,
Incorrect. I have  no problems with Shane the man and if  you want you can check my posting history and see that I have never used any personal information against him whilst others here have and  nothing was said about it. Anyway my problems with 'Shane' (take that to mean the ruling Group) is that he deliberately allowed CAB back into a position of power. Lots or reasons given as to why it happened but it was really buy their silence in chamber. Then after all the bollocks about being 'independent' he went discarded his disguise as soon as he felt he could get away with it. I said before he was elected he would do it. David Riddle said he would do it and even the Labour cyphers said he would do it so all claims it was a 'surprise' are bollocks. He deliberately decieved in order to get elected and that is a fact. Now if BREXIT is the most important thing in the universe to you then of course you will defend to the death anyone you think can help in any deliver your dream but that is bias. Its partisanship and it is not what the board is about.

Inspector Knacker

As regards Labour, they do have a problem in the town. Represented for what seems an eternity we had the publicity ravenous motley crew and the Dear Leader who must have had more snaps taken than any celeb.
Like Orwell's Big Brother, their image appeared daily in a compliant local 'meeeja'
The present incumbents are fly enough to keep a low profile instead of swanning about like the Duchess of Duke Street. Like it or lump it, if you don't wind people up, that's half the battle. Don't irritate the electorate and life is so much easier.
What kills the skunk is the publicity it gives itself.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 07: PM
My comments are not because you're attacking one particular faction, but because your posts over the last months have been rather fierce - and, to be frank, I suspect that their ferocity is putting others off when it comes to debate.

In return I say your treatment of David Riddle on the FB was insulting and put him off posting there.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 21, 2019, 08: PM
and the Dear Leader who must have had more snaps taken than any celeb.
Like Orwell's Big Brother, their image appeared daily in a compliant local 'meeeja'
The present incumbents are fly enough to keep a low profile instead of swanning about like the Duchess of Duke Street.

3 photos of Shane in the last Heartbeat.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on October 21, 2019, 08: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 07: PM
My comments are not because you're attacking one particular faction, but because your posts over the last months have been rather fierce - and, to be frank, I suspect that their ferocity is putting others off when it comes to debate.

In return I say your treatment of David Riddle on the FB was insulting and put him off posting there.

'Treatment of David Riddle'? Truthfully haven't a clue what you're talking about (though no doubt you'll find some obscure/out of context screenshot to endorse your claim). I've actually got a lot of respect for David Riddle who (by the way) remains a personal friend on Facebook.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on October 21, 2019, 07: PM
, I accepted that situation for several reasons 1) My personal preference for non political local governance isn't going to happen so I had to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to a group to run the town

Your personal 'personal preference for non political local governance' was what made you vote for a group claiming it was independent and was not beholding to a National Political Party. When elected this group joined a National Political Party (to be precise joined an Organisation that is a business and owned by Nigel Farage personally) and thus went directly against all its original aims. They LIED to you,  you know they LIED to you but you will ignore that fact because of  'Brexit'.  I learn by my mistakes.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 08: PM

'Treatment of David Riddle'? Truthfully haven't a clue what you're talking about (no doubt you'll find some obscure/out of context screenshot to endorse your claim). I've actually got a lot of respect for David Riddle who (by the way) remains a personal friend on Facebook.

He got two very off-hand replies when he challenged a 'strongly held political view' on the FB page. I spoke to David about this perhaps you should?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on October 21, 2019, 08: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 08: PM

'Treatment of David Riddle'? Truthfully haven't a clue what you're talking about (no doubt you'll find some obscure/out of context screenshot to endorse your claim). I've actually got a lot of respect for David Riddle who (by the way) remains a personal friend on Facebook.

He got two very off-hand replies when he challenged a 'strongly held political view' on the FB page. I spoke to David about this perhaps you should?

'Off hand' presumably means someone who doesn't agree. Haven't a clue what this actually refers to, but 'tis a bit of a non-starter. If David felt strongly about something I'm sure he would have followed it up.