In the news again ...

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, October 13, 2019, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Negative, negative, negative. These people love to portray the town as being inhabited by drug taking zombies, They do us no favours and offer only pity. The ordinary majority don't appear to exist, it's all food banks, handouts and drugs.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 14, 2019, 08: AM
Negative, negative, negative. These people love to portray the town as being inhabited by drug taking zombies, They do us no favours and offer only pity. The ordinary majority don't appear to exist, it's all food banks, handouts and drugs.

Agree - totally unbalanced.

mk1

Hartlepool/West Hartlepool have been 'in the news' for this sort of reporting for over 50 years. It is nothing new. Youtube  has loads of 'Hartlepool is a dump' films from the 1960s and the photographer David Wise has won many awards for his photo feature  on drunks in Hartlepool in 1986. When people talk about 'putting Hartlepool on the map' they really mean to substitute the current view 'on the map' for a more positive one.   We have a local paper that prints nothing but positive news about the town but that will not change the fact the town is  seriously deprived. The only saving grace is we are right next to the most deprived place in the country (Middlesbrough) and thus can look down our noses at them.

Inspector Knacker

I know all about the long standing history of the town's target for this sort of crap journalism as I've lived through going back toBritish West Hartlepool.
Why? Because basically we've been ruled at a local level for decades by oafs and party drones. The last lot were the final straw, a political pantomime cast with the collective IQ of a steam iron without a plug.
The majority of people in this town are decent folk who really are good people but this constant 'celebration' of the rambling zombies by sympathetic but gullible journalists indicates a need to cast the net for new material in different waters, the tides gone out here.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 14, 2019, 06: PM

Why? Because basically we've been ruled at a local level for decades by oafs and party drones. The last lot were the final straw, a political pantomime cast with the collective IQ of a steam iron without a plug.

It is the way of politics. The south has loads of corrupt Tory Councils where dodgy handshakes decide council spending. Sadly the majority of voters (worldwide) either don't think too much or are incapable of serious thought. Low intellect  conspiracy-believers are a bigger problem than most will admit.  Neither  side of the political debate will never complain when non-thinking voters vote for them but will complain loudly when they vote for the  opposition. Low intellect Labour/Tory/Lib politicians are common and will never be taken to task by their own 'side'. Some political parties appear to exist purely to  appeal to  low intellect voters, UKIP for example.   The no. 1 problem today is those who have gotten it into their head that they are absolutely right about everything and the other side will have to capitulate completely and give up all rights and have no say whatsoever because 'they lost'. Bully-boy tactics of the far-right and the far-left abound. There is no compromise possible with those type of dangerous  idiots.

fred c

The minority skanks and no goods are the gravitational pull for these journalists, sensationalism is there food and drink they have no interest other than kicking those most in need of a helping hand.

Politicians of all hues are responsible for the decline in the living standards and quality of life of towns like ours, they are all over the North of England, have a drive through the old colliery towns and villages in Durham, Yorkshire, Northumberland all suffer from the same problems, lack of meaningful jobs.

The problems go back 2 or 3 generations and the longer it's goes on the harder it will be to rectify, one thing is a racing certainty the problems won't be fixed in my lifetime if ever.

Inspector Knacker

'Low intellect voters'....? Are you proposing the right to vote is given to those with suitable qualifications to be able to comprehend the difficulties of modern politics?  Don't bother, the politicians of today are the poorest bunch of cocky egotists at all levels and any dip in standards is down to the abysmal example they set.
I look down on no one or begrudge them the right to vote as they wish, but have to chuckle at using 'intellect' as a guide.
I know several friends from childhood brought up in Labour families who still vote Labour while enjoying very Tory lives. I always think defining someone by their perceived' intellect' a rather cruel and pompous way to basically look down on someone whose views clash.....I prefer to judge them on their common sense approach to life.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 14, 2019, 09: PM
. I always think defining someone by their perceived' intellect' a rather cruel and pompous way to basically look down on someone whose views clash....

Which is why I made sure I named all political parties in the original post. I used to watch Crossroads and Benny was an engaging character who, I am sure, would never knowingly harm a fly. However I would never want him to be Prime Minister and would  give the position to Jacob Rees Mogg for life rather than Benny doing it for even a single year.  Much like if I was ill in hospital and I had a choice to see a Doctor or a bloke  who has watched every episode of Casualty..................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APetG6zuous

we can laugh at the stupidity but Boris is deliberately trying to woo the same type of  voters

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 14, 2019, 11: PM
Oh dear ...

If you refer to the video then the woman at the back in the beige jacket is Susan Delemus and is fairly well-known in the US. She is a deranged high-profile gun-nut and Trump supporter.   Look at her crazy eyes and her use of the word 'pundents' in this clip linked below.

Note that the people in the first clip I posted are all in the second as well.

https://youtu.be/LiTk7jisbxE?t=41

There is crazy and there is Donald Trump crazy........................

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 14, 2019, 10: PM

. I used to watch Crossroads and Benny was an engaging character who, I am sure, would never knowingly harm a fly. However I would never want him to be Prime Minister ......
Leading to a brave new world were only like minded degree wavers will qualify to vote and hold office while the underlings know their place. ...?
As for criticising all the Party's, that may well be so, but it's fairly which section you hold in utter contempt.
Brexit came as a shock to me, but I would never dream of usurping the result for my private preference ever.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 15, 2019, 07: AM

Brexit came as a shock to me, but I would never dream of usurping the result for my private preference ever.
I do not see every issue in terms of Brexit. It is not a complete and total obsession for me and thus it is not to be assumed  I am always talking about it.

As for who I hold in contempt that is obvious..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2OzGfIDLQ

its bald people innit!