once upon a time

Started by kevplumb, October 01, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

So they investigated themselves ?

Sounds legit.

kevplumb

Quote from: Land Phil on October 01, 2019, 09: PM
So they investigated themselves ?

Sounds legit.
sounds as bent as a butchers hook more like
this lot are no better than the scabs  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lucy Lass-Tick

But who phrased the motion?

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 01, 2019, 09: PM
But who phrased the motion?
Shane needs to keep the SCAB Group docile. He bought the leader off with a chair and now the clearly dodgy Cafe is safe from Public scrutiny. As they say in The Private Eye 'Trebles all round'!

As usual it is business as usual.

seaton

Quote from: kevplumb on October 01, 2019, 07: PM
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/council/no-smoking-gun-or-brown-envelopes-found-investigation-hartlepool-borough-council-hearing-told-639294
have a read i nearly wet myself at mad dogs comment  ;D  she has a short memory
Especially the statement 'I never seen any brown envelopes' obviously you wouldn't it's not as if they would have been passed round openly is it ?

Inspector Knacker

Brown envelopes are so common, surely hand crafted vellum in pastel shades embossed with flying pigs and lightly dusted with glitter made from angels wings..... ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Grumblstiltskin

"We have in good faith carried out a thorough investigation, we've looked at every nook and cranny"....Nope, it's spelled Cranney

Johnny Bongo

Does this now mean that any questions to HBC regarding The Rifty/ MyCafe, etc, will be fully answered, without any hint of obfuscation?   I think we all know the answer to that one, don't we!

mk1

We now have the reason why no wrongdoing was found-The Council did not look for it.
It seems it is all our fault for not doing the leg-work and reporting it to the Police. 'The Council' never did any real digging.

Shane explains:

I understand there are some concerns and rumours around various organisations but HBC had to be honest from the start that we do not have the legal powers to investigate as some want us to but we did ask for people to raise specific concerns and to bring any evidence forward so that we could, along with you or instead of you, take it to the police to investigate. So far nobody has come forward with any evidence other than rumours they've heard or read on Facebook

So its all yer own fault ye moaning buggers. .

fred c

There were 2 meetings held in the civic last week by the all party committee, it was open to the public who can actually ask questions........5 people turned up, 1 on Monday and 4 on Wednesday.

jeffh

I for one did NOT expect an investigation into the PAST appropriation of funds to various charities and charitable concerns.  However, what I did expect was the development of a policy that would ensure that in the future funds would be donated to both deserving and legal causes.

That policy could be -

Donations can only be made to those organisations that comply with charity law and must be accounted for before the financial year.  Any organisation that fails to comply with these two conditions will not eligible for future donations until full compliance is met.

As far as I can see that would prevent donations to organisations that should be registered with the Charities Commission and organisations that are not showing what the money is being spent on.

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on October 07, 2019, 10: AM
I for one did NOT expect an investigation into the PAST appropriation of funds to various charities and charitable concerns. 

That was never going to happen. Its a case of 'lessons have been learned and rules changed to (hopefully) prevent it happening again. Nothing to see hear folks move along now...........'
They typical response to any wrongdoing used countless times when the SCABs were in control.

It is like your house being burgled and you giving the  police the name of the burglar. They then  refuse  to arrest  or question him and tell you that the best you can do fit more locks to prevent it happening again.

mk1

Here the pathetic reasons why the burglars can keep the swag  there will be no investigation.