How far left is the Labour Party prepared to go?

Started by Hartlepudlion, September 17, 2019, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Hmm................seems pretty tame by the current Tory way of doing things. If you do not swear unconditional support for The Dear Leader and follow his orders to the letter then you are kicked out of the party.

Check the in-fighting (both metaphorical and physical) in UKIP Mk I  and see how many of its Euro MPs were either thrown out of the Party/ left under a cloud or prosecuted for Fraud/Theft.  Let us not revisit David Steel's excuse for Cyryl Smith (whats wrong with him smacking a few bare-bottoms?) or the Liberal Leader on trial for attempted Murder. His (Thorpe) acquittal was a blatant establishment stitch-up. By any measure Labour are no better or worse than any others Party.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on September 17, 2019, 05: PM
Hmm................seems pretty tame by the current Tory way of doing things. If you do not swear unconditional support for The Dear Leader and follow his orders to the letter then you are kicked out of the party.

Check the in-fighting (both metaphorical and physical) in UKIP Mk I  and see how many of its Euro MPs were either thrown out of the Party/ left under a cloud or prosecuted for Fraud/Theft.  Let us not revisit David Steel's excuse for Cyryl Smith (whats wrong with him smacking a few bare-bottoms?) or the Liberal Leader on trial for attempted Murder. His (Thorpe) acquittal was a blatant establishment stitch-up. By any measure Labour are no better or worse than any others Party.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is about as pure an example of classic 'whataboutery' as you are ever likely to read.

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on September 20, 2019, 07: AM

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is about as pure an example of classic 'whataboutery' as you are ever likely to read.

I think its is more an example of someone looking beyond the simplistic 'Labour enemy is my friend' mindset.
I seem to be the only one not totally and utterly consumed by Brexit and thus not prepared to overlook the machinations of Shane's  syndicate of sycophantic cyphers. The Tory Group are still whoring themselves out in return for chairs and it is no different from when they were in the SCABs back-pocket. However now they are Shane's poodles no one seems bothered any more. 

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: mk1 on September 20, 2019, 07: AM
I think its is more an example of someone looking beyond the simplistic 'Labour enemy is my friend' mindset.
I seem to be the only one not totally and utterly consumed by Brexit and thus not prepared to overlook the machinations of Shane's  syndicate of sycophantic cyphers. The Tory Group are still whoring themselves out in return for chairs and it is no different from when they were in the SCABs back-pocket. However now they are Shane's poodles no one seems bothered any more.

Totally agree with you there, I was hoping when we had quite a few 'Independent' candidates joining the council that things would start getting better (was still very aware and wary of the ex ukip indies though), so when they made the jump although it was not a really big surprise it was still a kick in the teeth for the people who voted for them as indies.  Obviously we all now know when SRM tells a lie, it's every time he opens his mouth.

ex SCAB Labour meanwhile have been going full propaganda mode on socia media and the best way I can describe them is as a petulant child told to go sit on the naughty step for a half hour and are crying their eyes out saying 'it wasn't me, it was everybody else!!!'

When you are sat in the public gallery for the first full council meeting and the heated conversation about the allotments is going on, the brexits have hooked Labour and are reeling them in, Dave Hunter is putting on a performance where I think he is after a BAFTA (tears in his eyes and all), then when even SAB is making comments that (and please forgive me here) makes him sound like the calmest sanest person in the room, this is when you know that politics in this town is now well and truly FUBAR.

mk1

The real question is how far right is Hartlepool prepared to go. The town has a history of flirting with the far-right and has even elected extreme right-wing councillors. The town is an aberration in this respect (Sunderland is another) and it is one of those strange  places where turkeys do actually vote for Christmas.
Shane and the IU were never Independent. It was an obvious temporary tactic for election purposes and the one-issue obsessives will give them a pass because that one issue totally and utterly consumes them.

pieface

Quote from: mk1 on September 20, 2019, 08: AM
The real question is how far right is Hartlepool prepared to go. The town has a history of flirting with the far-right and has even elected extreme right-wing councillors. The town is an aberration in this respect (Sunderland is another) and it is one of those strange  places where turkeys do actually vote for Christmas.
Shane and the IU were never Independent. It was an obvious temporary tactic for election purposes and the one-issue obsessives will give them a pass because that one issue totally and utterly consumes them.
Totally agree with this.
The word "independent" has been completely abused just as often as "free" is when used to get business like broadband or deliveries. Always a cost that the fickle folks fall for just like "independent"

mk1

Maybe a better question is how far right are those opposed to Labour prepared to go?  The  judges are now 'Traitors'. The demonising has started:

https://www.facebook.com/spikedonline/posts/2526703097372803?

Today's Supreme Court ruling is a vile assault on the democratic order.

the 11 justices have made an explicitly political decision in favour of the Remainer elite. They have taken sides. Ignore the utterly unconvincing pleas of the Remainer fanatics who brought this case, all of whom robotically insist that this is not a political decision, just a legal, constitutional one. No one is buying that. This was a decisively political act by 11 unelected judges who have taken sides against the government of the day, and this opens up a new, dark era in British political life.

What we have seen emerge via this judgement is a borderline tyrannical layer in British politics. A layer that stands above everyone and everything, including the government itself.  A layer of unrepresentative, unaccountable individuals who have now presumed the authority to strike down actual government decisions. This instantly weakens any future government's claim to moral and political authority and their basic ability to relate to parliament, to negotiate treaties, and to act on the will of the people. The precedent set today is that any of that might potentially be subject to the higher, apparently wiser judgement of politicised courts. It is an outrage.

The same loony site is attacking the young Swedish girl at the UN

https://www.facebook.com/spikedonline/posts/2526407957402317?

This girl has been indoctrinated by greens to believe the planet is on fire and humankind is doomed. Shame on them

It takes but a few seconds to research 'Spiked' and find out  the Koch Brothers finance it. They are crazed Far-Right Libertarians on a mission to remove any Government oversight on anything. The 'Deregulation' fanatics  like JRM who only want your rights deregulated not theirs.