Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, August 30, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 30, 2019, 06: PM
Let Durham take over.

Maybe the force could be split in two? North of the river could go to Durham and south to North Yorkshire.

Hartlepudlion

A good idea Lucy LT.
Certainly Coppinger has failed and needs to go.

fred c

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on August 31, 2019, 06: AM
A good idea Lucy LT.

Coppinger should have resigned after the Chief Constable appointment /dismissal, gross misjudgement on his part, I just don't understand why the PCC Position is a political post.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on August 31, 2019, 07: AM
Quote from: Hartlepudlion on August 31, 2019, 06: AM
A good idea Lucy LT.

Coppinger should have resigned after the Chief Constable appointment /dismissal, gross misjudgement on his part, I just don't understand why the PCC Position is a political post.....
Exactly, what do they bring to the post, they have no experience of the job so what is the point?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I have just read the report again and considering the scale of the problem I can only wonder about the brass necked Coppinger still being in post, the problem with an elected PCC is simple, unless he resigns he can't be sacked and like some of our institutionalised councilors he can hang onto to his highly lucrative job until the general public eventually suss him out and get shot of him.

Call Me Al

One of my closest friends is a retired Police Officer who tells me that whilst Coppinger is a genuinely nice guy, he is (in her opinion) not as strong a character as the post requires. He once visited Hartlepool Police Station, and was told that some of the PCSOs wanted to ask him some questions to which he replied " I haven't come here for that today, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas ".