Hartlepool tops worklessness nation league table

Started by Lord Elpus, August 03, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Having lived in Hartlepool for 69 years I ask myself what's new.

Taken from BBC local news website

'13:22 31 Jul
Hartlepool has highest rate of workless households

Hartlepool has the highest percentage of workless households in the country, according to new data from the Office for National Statistics.

The town has been among the top five consistently since 2014.

Middlesbrough has been in the top 10 for the past decade.

Windsor and Maidenhead, Harrow and Bracknell Forest had the lowest percentage of workless households last year, and in 2017.'

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment/bulletins/worklesshouseholdsforregionsacrosstheuk/2018

The Great Dictator

Doesn't surprise me either, we have 5th generation unemployable in Hartlepool.

If they aren't disciplined enough to go to school then why do we expect them to go to work ?

Lord Elpus

The Great Dictator hits the nail on the head; UNEMPLOYABLE.

Society has yet to find a humane away of dealing with people who throughout their lives contribute nothing to society yet cost so much in relation to crime, social care and housing.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on August 03, 2019, 02: PM
The Great Dictator hits the nail on the head; UNEMPLOYABLE.

Society has yet to find a humane away of dealing with people who throughout their lives contribute nothing to society yet cost so much in relation to crime, social care and housing.

The current way of dealing with things-default to blaming 'others' for all 'our' ills'.
The list of those to blame is long :
Too many Immigrants,
Muslims are a problem,
its the EEC holding us back,
the Scots get too much regional aid,
the London elite don't care,
The South starve us of investment, 
Newcastle sucks the life out of Teesside,
Middlesbrough are stealing all our infrastructure,
the bloke next door is a neighbour from hell......................

There is always someone else to blame because it could never be our fault in any way shape or form.

Problem is once we remove all the black Muslim European work-shy spongers and the situation does not improve who will we blame then?

Awkward fact:
There are more unemployed people than there are job vacancies. Even it all unemployed people were forced to take the first job that comes up there still would be millions unemployed.

I despair at the lever of political discourse that has now become the norm.  Trump and Boris have moved the Overton Window   far to the right and emboldened pigs like Tommy Knobinson and James Goddard.

This is the future:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49211222

Lord Elpus

I don't consider myself to be right wing, far from it and the issue for me is the number of people I see on a daily basis who are unemployable.

They have no desire to work, many have serious drug/ drink addictions and have no respect for the law or other peoples property or lives.

This is a home grown problem, nowt to do with immigrants or other groups.  It seems to be getting worse year on year.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on August 03, 2019, 05: PM
I see on a daily basis who are unemployable.

They have no desire to work, have no respect for the law or other peoples property or lives.

I know many employed people who exhibit the same characteristics. Does that mean we stigmatiseall those  who are 'in work'?
To target any group (Jews/Muslims/the Unemployed etc ) you first dehumanise them. Terms like scum/workshy/parasites/anti-social/feral/smack-heads work well.