wingfield castle

Started by mr ben, August 01, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr ben

Has anybody seen how scruffy and dilapidated the Wingfield Castle is ? It looks like its two weeks away from  getting shipped out to greythorpe to be cut up for scrap..WHAT A EYE SORE ....

Lucy Lass-Tick

If I remember correctly, structurally it isn't quite as bad as it looks. Mind you, that wouldn't be difficult.

pieface

Quote from: mr ben on August 01, 2019, 07: PM
Has anybody seen how scruffy and dilapidated the Wingfield Castle is ? It looks like its two weeks away from  getting shipped out to greythorpe to be cut up for scrap..WHAT A EYE SORE ....
Eyesore it is the rear and to the front of the museum another eyesore grey shed was allowed to be erected.
Now it is more of the great distraction of hartlepool not attraction.

fred c

3 years ago Ex-Councillor Cranney informed us that a survey would be conducted on the Wingfield Castle, how far along the road that survey is, who knows......Just another LabMob project that was all wind and p**s.

One of the best views in Hartlepool was the front facade of the HQ unfortunately that has been blighted by the big shed erected for the renovation of a motorboat that in the greater scheme of things is a 'motorboat'.

I don't think I am being unkind when I question the description of said motorboat as a 'Major Attraction'......Trincomalee Warrior, HMS Belfast, HMS Victory, Cutty Sark, Endurance, Britania all are major attractions......But a motor boat isn't.

Truthache

I called in to the huge shed housing the Fairmile this morning and chatted to a couple of volunteers working on it.  The shed is temporary with 3 years planning permission,  but when I asked how long the restoration would take they were unsure.  The project is staffed by volunteers, I was offered a job if I wanted to help.  They were cleaning the hull with soapy water and sponges (no power tools, corrosive liquids allowed, not even a power washer to minimise any risk of damage).  It will certainly take a while perhaps beyond 3 years.  I suppose more volunteers will help if anybody is keen to get involved.