Mill House Feasibility Study

Started by seaton, July 24, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

We are going to give £175k to a company for some thing every one already knows, Mill House is past it's 'sell by' date and needs replacing. Don't the Council employ Officers who could tell the Council that.

Lord Elpus

This must be at least the third feasibility study HBC have paid for the the Mill house complex,  seems a bit daft to me

seaton

What happened to the Mill House Master Plan did that not include the redevelopment of the Mill House Centre. There would have been recommendations in it for the best way forward for the Centre  ?

stokoe

Our residential master plan expert Mk1 is sure to have drawings of the vision,concerning the mill house site 😜

mr ben

That's a lot of money   to find out for what we already know !!! sounds like HBC GETTING THE BIG SHAFT AGAIN . mill house is out of date and out of touch with reality just like our council...  YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD !!!! IT NEEDS FLATTING .

Lucy Lass-Tick

But this isn't necessarily going to be on the Mill House site.

seaton

Quote from: mr ben on July 25, 2019, 10: AM
That's a lot of money   to find out for what we already know !!! sounds like HBC GETTING THE BIG SHAFT AGAIN . mill house is out of date and out of touch with reality just like our council...  YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD !!!! IT NEEDS FLATTING .
For me that's a great feasibility summary !

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: seaton on July 24, 2019, 09: AM
We are going to give £175k to a company for some thing every one already knows, Mill House is past it's 'sell by' date and needs replacing. Don't the Council employ Officers who could tell the Council that.

I understand that most, if not all the money is to be grant/privately funded, so it stands to reason that recent  evidence will be required by the providers, that the current building is beyond its economical life.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Topcat

I understand that most, if not all the money is to be grant/privately funded, so it stands to reason that recent  evidence will be required by the providers, that the current building is beyond its economical life.
[/quote]

That sounds like the beginnings of a good plan.Have the current building assessed as not fit for purpose,demolish it and sell the land for more "Executive housing",then the grants/private funding are suddenly withdrawn, good result land sold ,money in the council's coffers and less facilities for the residents.

mr ben

Why can't anybody in HBC  conduct a Feasibility Study ? Its not rocket science to find out how much it blows it brains out ever year . it seems we pay for top brass monkeys with bits of paper telling us what they can do !!! But  the reality of it is they cannot do alot ...As the  saying go's  bull***t baffles brains !!!! And  HBC HAS GOT SOME MAJOR BULL SHITTERS ....

Topcat

Quote from: mr ben on July 26, 2019, 11: AM
Why can't anybody in HBC  conduct a Feasibility Study ? Its not rocket science to find out how much it blows it brains out ever year . it seems we pay for top brass monkeys with bits of paper telling us what they can do !!! But  the reality of it is they cannot do alot ...As the  saying go's  bull***t baffles brains !!!! And  HBC HAS GOT SOME MAJOR BULL SHITTERS ....

And don't forget the cost of the artists impression to show us what we could have had.

SRMoore

For clarity I don't believe in "masterplans" and "visions". I've seen too much money wasted on this b.s. to ever believe they are worthwhile.

What this feasibility study is actually for is not to draw some pretty pictures (though some technical ones will be drawn up as part of getting RIBA stage 2 passed) but to actually conduct site surveys on potential sites and all of the associated technical works that need to be done before councillors are asked to make a decision on the best option going forward.

There's a clear timeline in place:
August - September for public consultation on what sports facilities are wanted etc
Oct - November council will be given options and requested to make decision on preferred site and any legal implications resolved.
December - March will see RIBA stage 2 completed and outline funding package agreed.

That's what the feasibility is paying for.

seaton

Quote from: SRMoore on July 26, 2019, 08: PM
For clarity I don't believe in "masterplans" and "visions". I've seen too much money wasted on this b.s. to ever believe they are worthwhile.

What this feasibility study is actually for is not to draw some pretty pictures (though some technical ones will be drawn up as part of getting RIBA stage 2 passed) but to actually conduct site surveys on potential sites and all of the associated technical works that need to be done before councillors are asked to make a decision on the best option going forward.

There's a clear timeline in place:
August - September for public consultation on what sports facilities are wanted etc
Oct - November council will be given options and requested to make decision on preferred site and any legal implications resolved.
December - March will see RIBA stage 2 completed and outline funding package agreed.

That's what the feasibility is paying for.

So an outside contractor will be doing the feasibility study hence the cost ?
Dont the Council employ people who could do a feasibility study ?

SRMoore

HBC officers and staff are doing the feasibility study. There is still a cost though because of the type of work involved. They may have to get someone from the outside to do a few of the more practical on site tasks.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on July 27, 2019, 09: AM
HBC officers and staff are doing the feasibility study. There is still a cost though because of the type of work involved. They may have to get someone from the outside to do a few of the more practical on site tasks.

Reminds me of the old 'Demarcation Disputes'.
Difference being that if you are a  member of a Union it is called 'blackmail' but make your job a 'Profession' and you can legally do it.  This is also where you can make sure the sugar gets distributed to the 'right' people.