Future plans

Started by admin, July 13, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

A good interview from Pam and positive replies from Shane.  No doubt there will be the negative commentators but at least he gave an interview to Hartlepool TV, unlike the previous lot!  He also WASN'T wearing a bright red clown costume!

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

The problem I see is the historically bad reputation of the role.
Shane has to prove himself by delivering before he will be trusted.

That is the fault of the Akers-Belchers and Martin Wells.

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on July 14, 2019, 09: AM
  No doubt there will be the negative commentators..............

As there should be. This is not the forum for sycophantic supporters of any political group. Once in the hot seat then your ar*se is  a target. It is a monumental error always be rushing to the defence of the new regime.  They should get the same treatment Brash. Wright SCABs, Mad Dog  etc got and then some.
To me the most glaring oversight is not to hold Tennant to the same standards as Doc Pothole. It is impossible to have a senior position in  a National Political Party, a seat in a Parliament abroad and be a effective local Councillor. The man is a liar if he says otherwise and those who agree with him are delusional. Tennants is Hartlepool Council career is  (was?), like Doc Pothole,  a means to an end.

fred c

mk1 makes several good points in his post and yes The Post has never been the place for sycophantic a**e kissers, I think most of us were hoping for a council of reconciliation in many ways, a council made up from all party's that would be focused on moving the town forward, most of us still hope for that.

Johnny Bongo

I haven't met the guy (Shane) socially but I'm sure he (NOW) realises just what a responsibility he has to manage. Also, his reputation is decided NOT by what he promises to do (aka The SCABs) but by what he (HBC) actually DOES!  One thing that I'm sure of (even though I haven't met him) is that he won't be accusing folk of any (specific) hate crime towards him (unlike previous incumbents)....unless of course there's some weirdo who has Peladophobia!   The SCABs will always be associated with Coulrophobia, .....just ask the Officers and staff of HBC! 

mk1

Every political career end in failure so the question is not will it go wrong but when will it go wrong. A new broom is always seen a saviour but it never turns out that way. Think football Clubs and how often they change managers. One day you can walk on water and the next the crowd are chanting 'out, out out' whilst casting doubts on the legality of your parents marriage. Let us see who crashes and burns first. Shane or the clown Boris!

Land Phil

Ben Houchen is delivering.
Andy Preston is delivering.
(Might not like what they are delivering but they are delivering)

Hartlepool has no history of delivering, I think it will take a little while if Shane does deliver for him to be accepted.
It's just not in our mindset to believe and definitely not to trust for very good reasons.