Council Meeting 20/06/2019

Started by Foradmin, June 24, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foradmin

The link for the recording of the meeting is already on the Facebook page but I have copied it here for your convenience. I think it is worth watching.

The first thing you will notice is that the seating positions have been rearranged to stop the Councillors presenting their backs to the residents. 

Labour tried to introduce a motion as a point of order. There were told in no uncertain terms by the solicitor and CEO that this was not allowed. It had to be treated as a motion and follow the correct procedures. They didn't as it was submitted too late for this  meeting. PB and CR argued to no avail that it wasn't submitted late and should be allowed. It wasn't! Labour did not force anything. They had no idea of an EGM. After a short adjournment the offer of an EGM came from the CEO in a spirit of local co-operation. Labour demanded and asked for nothing. Yet again, Labour somewhat deleterious with the truth. Mind you CR has a problem with submitting communications on time, remember? More than likely it was deliberate though. Labour still think they are running the town and can't believe that they are not!

In Brenda Loynes we may, at last, have a true Chair of Council who can make  impartial decisions and not be biased as so many of her predecors were. Fingers crossed.

Overall, a good meeting that gives one hope that the Councillors could work together for the betterment of the town.

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/recorded-footage

fred c

"Overall, a good meeting that gives one hope that the Councillors could work together for the betterment of the town"

That of course depends on the labour councillors, from what we saw on Thursday I doubt there will be any cooperation from labour, they have a number of 'pixies' who consider it to be their party duty to cause distrust and division.

I really was optimistic of a coordinated group of councillors, councillors that would act in the best interests of the town, unfortunately it was a misguided pipedream, I thought Dave Hunter, Paddy Brown, Brenda Harrison and others would take part in my imagined council......... Very disappointed by what I have seen so far from labour.

mk1

I wonder why the fact one of the IU Councillors is very firmly on the Council Grant Carousel is being overlooked.

SRMoore

Which "council grant carousel" would that be then? To my knowledge the councillor you refer to hasn't received any "grant" from HBC since becoming a councillor. Historically the organisation she manages has only had "grants" to deliver good meals for children during school holidays as part of the councils Filling the Gap scheme, which has been delivered entirely by local volunteers.

The Councillor you refer to is very open about what their centre provides to the local community (and no it isn't a centre leased from the council) and I'm sure she'd welcome you in at any time for a look around and a friendly cuppa. Especially if you are looking for somewhere to take your kids.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on July 07, 2019, 09: AM
Historically the organisation she manages has only had "grants" to deliver good meals for children during school holidays as part of the councils Filling the Gap scheme, which has been delivered entirely by local volunteers.

Change 'she' to SAB/Cranney and check the back posts here for what was said about these grants/volunteers back then.
I think no Councillor should be bidding for or receive any Council money. If being a councillor is that important to you then divest yourself of your charity to someone other than a relative or close personal friend.  Claims sitting councillors  can recuse themselves from any such decision is total bollocks. The Labour system was ' don't block my grants and I will nod through your grants' and that is how it will always work. Councillors don't suddenly become  principled paragons of virtue when elected and the mantle of respectability and even-handedness they like to promote whilst in office is a big fat lie.
We all know what you (Shane) really think about Gill but I bet you have never have, nor will ever will, broach the subject of her abandonment of  integrity and her spineless total subservience to the every whim of the  SCABs during their reign. You have decided it will work better for you if you massage her ego and 'put the past behind us' and take advantage of her plyability when it is to your advantage.

Have you heard who is the Farage Personality Cult prospective GE Candidate for Hartlepool? Given your links you must know something?

SRMoore

Quote from: mk1 on July 07, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: SRMoore on July 07, 2019, 09: AM
Historically the organisation she manages has only had "grants" to deliver good meals for children during school holidays as part of the councils Filling the Gap scheme, which has been delivered entirely by local volunteers.

I think no Councillor should be bidding for or receive any Council money. If being a councillor is that important to you then divest yourself of your charity to someone other than a relative or close personal friend.

Like I said, the councillor to which you refer to has not received any grant from HBC since being elected.

As for the Brexit Party, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. I'm not a member of any political party so I'm not privy to who any of them are choosing to fight a GE. To be honest I've got enough to deal with without worrying about something I have little interest in.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on July 07, 2019, 08: PM

As for the Brexit Party, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. I'm not a member of any political party so I'm not privy to who any of them are choosing to fight a GE. To be honest I've got enough to deal with without worrying about something I have little interest in.

Did I not see you at  The Marina with  Farage  a few weeks back? That is surely a sign of some interest.
Could you ask your colleague  Tennant as he will surely know?

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on July 07, 2019, 08: PM

Like I said, the councillor to which you refer to has not received any grant from HBC since being elected.

A simple sentence which whilst strictly factual does not address the issue raised.
Let us see what happens when the next round of handouts is up for grabs.

jeffh

Does anybody know when the Extraordinary Meeting of Full Council scheduled for July is?

Only meetings on the schedule are Childrens' Services, Constitution, Adult & Community and Neighbourhood Services

Lucy Lass-Tick

Understand it to be on the 30th July - which is a Tuesday.

mk1

Looking at the new Hartbeat and notice only 4 Councillors get a photo, Shane (twice) Tennant and the Mayor. I note the term 'Leader' is  well to the fore.

jeffh

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 11, 2019, 06: PM
Understand it to be on the 30th July - which is a Tuesday.
Thanks for that

Kerfuffle

Does anyone deliver 'Hartbeat' magazine on the Headland these days. Not seen one in the past year !!!!

fred c

Hopefully Heartbeat will be done away with........ or at the very least a drastic change of format, less party propaganda (any party) and more informative and balanced articles.

mk1

Quote from: mk1 on July 11, 2019, 06: PM
Looking at the new Hartbeat and notice only 4 Councillors get a photo, Shane (twice)............
Leafing through my collection of old  Hartbeat  magazine (as we all do) I noticed I had missed another pic of Shane in the current issue. That makes it 3 photos of Shane.