Hillcarter boarded up.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, June 11, 2019, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

fred c

Could the council buy this place under the 'Executive Decision' making process and add it to there Church Street portfolio ?

Land Phil

Coincidentally the Staincliffe  is apparently as good as closed with no drink or entertainment licence.

stokoe

Truthache

Not so much a vision, more an illusion, with public money.

fred c

Church Street is no different now than it was 3years ago, all of the visionary / heritage bollox has cost several millions of pounds to provide what we already had, only with smaller trees.....Being honest about it, it has been an exercise in spending money for spendings sake I don't believe Church Street will ever be a viable entity no matter how much they spend on it.

Inspector Knacker

A lot of disruption and for what? Cafe society in Church Street was stillborn years ago and it became Beer Boulevard. No surprise there then. They were so painfully lacking in imagination, they ripped out what the TDC put in and replaced it with more or less
the same thing but poorly executed.
I get the feeling they were trying to leave their egotistic mark for prosperity or was it more a case of they had no vision whatsoever so stuck to re-doing what had already been done.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

wonder how much morton owes in rates this time  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on June 11, 2019, 03: PM
Could the council buy this place under the 'Executive Decision' making process and add it to there Church Street portfolio ?
Is it the Hartlepool version of Monopoly? 'Go to Jail' and 'FREE PARKING' are two popular options that obviously wouldn't feature on the Hartlepool version.

Disgruntled voter

I noticed the sports domes (old mayfair ) is being advertised for lease/rent for £ 200 a week...full use of the facility .

jawsbbc

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 11, 2019, 01: PM
From the Post's Facebook group. Wonder who this building belongs to now?

http://roseberrymedia.co.uk/council%20writes%20off%2035800%20morton%20debt.htm
morton same as staincliffe montgomery and morton  morton knows he can play hbc he has been doing it for years and WILL owe hundreds of thousands in rates whats the betting HILLCARTER / STAINCLIFFE/ DOMES  all paying rates SUPPOSEDLY

Inspector Knacker

Just who decides these debts won't be pursued and if not,  the reasoning behind their decision.

Land Phil

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 14, 2019, 07: AM
Just who decides these debts won't be pursued and if not,  the reasoning behind their decision.

Dissolved limited liability companies.
Look at the Staincliffe as an example, now in the name of what appears to be a young relative of "Monty".

Inspector Knacker

I'm no expert on this, but who owns the property?

Topcat

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 14, 2019, 09: AM
I'm no expert on this, but who owns the property?
I think it's Morton who owns the actual building along with several others then he sets up other companies to lease the buildings and run them that way when they build up loads of debt to suppliers and to the council in business rates he can just declare that company bankrupt and then just walk away from the debt. He will still own the property and so is free to set up another company and do the same again. He has  already done this several times in the past and no doubt will carrying on doing it in the future.