Political Balance or Expediency?

Started by jeffh, May 22, 2019, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Having looked through the Constitution I couldn't find anything that says the Chairs of Committees need to be politically balanced, so is HIU hiding behind a non-existent constitutional requirement in the interests of political expediency? 

The only political balance requirement, in the constitution is in Part 5 (Codes & Protocols) page 121 (Guidance Note - Political Balance)

Obviously if I'm wrong I do apologise and maybe a member of HIU could show me where the relevant information is

jeffh

Quote from: jeffh on May 22, 2019, 06: AM
Having looked through the Constitution I couldn't find anything that says the Chairs of Committees need to be politically balanced, so is HIU hiding behind a non-existent constitutional requirement in the interests of political expediency? 

The only political balance requirement, in the constitution is in Part 5 (Codes & Protocols) page 121 (Guidance Note - Political Balance)

Obviously if I'm wrong I do apologise and maybe a member of HIU could show me where the relevant information is

Sorry I should have added that the political balance requirement is in the member make up of each committee

DRiddle

I think anyone who believes even for a split second that Shane's decision to allow Akers-Belcher a chair was about political balance and honouring the constitution is living on a different planet to the rest of us.

The truth will out about why this decision was made.

It always does.

Land Phil

Quote from: DRiddle on May 22, 2019, 10: AM
I think anyone who believes even for a split second that Shane's decision to allow Akers-Belcher a chair was about political balance and honouring the constitution is living on a different planet to the rest of us.

The truth will out about why this decision was made.

It always does.

What is the betting QUETZALCOATL ENTERPRISES CIC has something to do with it ?