So what now?

Started by DRiddle, May 22, 2019, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Well I didn't WANT to believe it, but like the Labour group,  i'd received a heads up this was going to happen some time ago.

There's also information floating around in political circles which alledges precisely why Shane did what he did.

The official narrative is 'We've kept our promise about proportionality if committee chairs in line with the constitution.

The whispers in political circles about why this has happened however are very different.

This isn't going to end well for Shane and anyone in the Hartlepool Independent Union.

The backlash to this will be WAY bigger than the publics outrage at the 31% rise.

So what now?

Where do people turn?

I suspect like many others last night I did think "Right that's it, that's me done, It's broken beyond repair" there's a temptation to just wash your hands of the whole thing.

Where does Hartlepool go from here? Where do voters turn?

My initial guess would be . . . Back to Labour?

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on May 22, 2019, 06: AM

There's also information floating around in political circles which alledges precisely why Shane did what he did.

I never thought anyone could be as treacherous as the current Labour shower. I was wrong.

pieface

It's all about the money, money, money

Promises fulfilled and pockets filled, New CIC's to be paid...

diSme

Quote from: pieface on May 22, 2019, 05: PM
It's all about the money, money, money

Promises fulfilled and pockets filled, New CIC's to be paid...

It is absolutely and clearly all about the money.

Allowances should be done away with, as should councillors having any say in the awarding of contracts to subbies... That should be left to the council officers
I believe everything and nothing