Annual Council Meeting

Started by jeffh, May 21, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

kevplumb

Quote from: the_exile on May 21, 2019, 11: PM
Ged Hall,

Accountant for most if not all of Cranneys enterprises and the auditor of Manor Resident Association

Might aswell have one of the three blind mice in the chair
or one if not all of the three wise monkeys  same difference  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

For me the big mistake HIU made last night was in not supporting James Black for chair of Audit & Governance.  A vote for Black signified the willingness to enter into an era of openness and accountability over what has gone before.  Instead they supported a councillor who very rarely speaks at meetings, who, unlike the SCAB Labour councillors could have challenged the what was happening within the Labour group over a councillor who really wanted to, and I really hope still wants to, promote transparency and accountability.  The HIU can't say this was to maintain Political balance as James Black and Ged Hall are both Independents.

Obviously it is still early days but let's see if HIU keep their pre-election promises of Public Questioning etc. - if they don't I suspect they will have a very limited time in power.

As I said earlier supporting CAB in Regeneration was absolute madness - it has already been proved that any association with him is toxic.

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on May 22, 2019, 06: AM

As I said earlier supporting CAB in Regeneration was absolute madness - it has already been proved that any association with him is toxic.
Its worse that that. Planning is still in the hands of Ray Wells.

Lord Elpus

I was amazed to see the change in Cllr Ann Marshall.  I remember; https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/cuts-a-councillor-was-very-happy-to-see-1-3659226

Looks like her diet has gone by the same way as as her labour membership.

SAB really needs to get a jacket that fits him, he looks like he's going to burst and the hair dye is so comical.

I know this is all very personal, but what the f##k.

Topcat

Quote from: diSme on May 21, 2019, 10: PM
I wonder if Shane will bother to return to this forum to give us his perspective on this evening's turn of events..... Because at the moment, he very much does look like a lying, two-faced scumbag

I can't really say I'm surprised, but it is rather disappointing

Well to me he just looks like a typical polititian ,they are all lying two faced scumbags where there is money and power to grab?

Topcat

Is there a full list of all committees and who sits on them available along with chair and deputies?

jeffh

Quote from: Topcat on May 22, 2019, 09: AM
Is there a full list of all committees and who sits on them available along with chair and deputies?
If you contact the council they should be able to provide you with one