Annual Council Meeting

Started by jeffh, May 21, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Tonight's Annual Council Meeting is open to the public - I've just rung the council to confirm.

The only reason I'm mentioning this is a request for this information was posted a while agao, but I never saw a reply - sorry if I missed it.

diSme

I don't think anyone did reply to you Jeff,

cheers for the info
I believe everything and nothing

Land Phil

Are milkshakes allowed to be taken into the chamber ?

jeffh

Quote from: Land Phil on May 21, 2019, 11: AM
Are milkshakes allowed to be taken into the chamber ?

Should imagine so, but I wouldn't go to the expense of a Five Guys Banana & Salted Camarel retailing at £5.25 - better the McDonalds Meal Deal option

DRiddle

So the Hartlepoool Independent Union/Tory coalition have just voted for SAB to chair regeneration.

In doing so they've betrayed everything that many people have been working for for a number of years.

I'll give it a year before Labour are back in full control.

I hope it was worth it Shane.

mk1

Principles mean nothing when power is at stake. 
Did the Tories keep control of planning?
Anyone still believe  there will be investigations into past misdeeds?
The new lot are exactly the same as those they replaced.

Sanddancer

So David Riddle I assume from this that the Independents who succeeded you and for whom  I voted  in Hart have voted for one of the Akers Belchers.
This is not what I expected or voted for.
I hope they enjoy their last year in the limelight because they have utterly failed their supporters.

Heknocks68

As Victor would say!
"IN THE NAME OF SANITY"

UnknownUser

James Black defeated for Audit & Governance - tactical voting IU scabs, tories...

Out with the old in with the ne... Ooh
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Heknocks68

Quote from: Sanddancer on May 21, 2019, 07: PM
So David Riddle I assume from this that the Independents who succeeded you and for whom  I voted  in Hart have voted for one of the Akers Belchers.
This is not what I expected or voted for.
I hope they enjoy their last year in the limelight because they have utterly failed their supporters.
Sorry, BUT, mere words just do not cut it. Rope with 13 notches please, do the rest self.

jeffh

Having witnessed the voting for chairs - this is day one of the Labour come back.  Labour have been frozen out by HUI but giving CAB the chair of Regeneration.  They also voted against Black for chair of Audit and Governance.
Labour can now sit back and watch it all turn to rat s••t and make a come back next year.
I really don't know where our new Leader is coming from.

mk1

Business as usual..............'you vote for our candidate and we will vote for yours'
The Hartlepool version of the  Eurovision Song Contest!

Heknocks68

At least we had a contestant in that contest, in this one we have jack and sh17 and will finnish up with minus nil point. Please ban me.

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on May 21, 2019, 08: PM

I really don't know where our new Leader is coming from.

They will defend it by saying it is a  fair allocation of Chairs given the numbers. Past behaviour is not taken into account because they have taken a principled stand that they must be fair to all. It is the most stunningly insane fcuk-up I have ever seen from otherwise intelligent people. All hope has now evaporated. We had a week of believing things had changed but now its back to reality.
What a group of spineless  XXXXX we elected.

Admin. Note: Swearing deleted

Heknocks68