HELP

Started by ReturntoZenda, May 17, 2019, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturntoZenda

Now I class myself as reasonably intelligent, and fairly politically aware, but I have to admit I find myself slightly confused as to the current situation at the Council.  Like huge swathes of voters in Hartlepool, I was delighted to see Labour get its ar*e kicked earlier this month, and like many other observers, I was absolutely prepared for the soviet-like rewriting of history from the 'new' Labour operatives, which thankfully the majority of ordinary people, thanks to this mighty organ, appear to have seen straight through.

I am however, a bit unclear as to the possible outcomes of the shenanigans.  I thought the SCABS were out on their pierced ears ?  I thought Shane was part of the solution? I thought the IU would stick to their principles? I thought the odious Tom Cook was under investigation ?

Can anyone give me a dummies' guide to where we're at please ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Nothing concrete at this stage.

mk1

Paddy banging on about it again. Making out that Labour are all for investigating links between councillors and Council funding. This just a couple of days after the end of decades of Labour Councillors openly  filling their boots from the public purse without anyone (from Labour) doing anything about it. You really could not make this up!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1317860885040572/

Lucy Lass-Tick

The irony isn't lost.

mk1

Was not Mrs Jonathan James Frederick Brash investigated because of some questions over her Council funding? Perhaps Mr Jonathan James Frederick Brash is just miffed because his own 'One Life' Sandwich venture did not manage to get council funds?

Inspector Knacker

Rebranding themselves as saviours. A tribute to airbrushes's art.
Don't mention the cabal, it's history, it's being 'reinterpreted', they know nothing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

As Paddy tells all who will listen:
Akers-Belchers?
Never met them personally.  I made sure I had nothing at all to do with them once I was elected and definitely not in Tea-Pot mode.................

Inspector Knacker

I can only assume the Party has found a tin of political spinach and in true Popeye style transformed magically from downtrodden, beaten loser to chest beating saviour of the town.

jeffh

Having just read Paddy Brown's statement over on Facebook my understanding of their position is -

1. Labour want to form a coalition with HIU but not with the Tories - so that would mean the present coalition be dissolved and a new one formed.
2. There are no positions of power given to the SLP or the Tories
3. They are prepared to chair committees as required

This would seem a sensible move forward, with a stronger Anti SCAB coalition being formed which would be the controlling party, but it immediately begs the question what about Comrade Carl, has he agreed to this or is he going to throw the rule book at them?

If we have James Black as chair of Audit & Governance, the SCABs and their supporters/business associates marginalised, Comrade Carl gagged and this new coalition formed - where could it possibly go wrong????

fred c

We now know there are at least 2 labour councillors who don't suffer from hearing problems and can also read

I base this assessment on the fact that they have finally heard The Post's Banging Drum and read the Post's regarding an Independent Financial Investigation into the council and in particular to the awarding of grants to CIC companies with councillor connections and the ditching of the town plan.

Better late (5 years late) than never by the 'new labour group' I feel sure there are lots of other initiatives they could find and call there own if they search The Post's archives.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on May 18, 2019, 08: AM
Having just read Paddy Brown's statement over on Facebook my understanding of their position is -

1. Labour want to form a coalition with HIU but not with the Tories - so that would mean the present coalition be dissolved and a new one formed.

That would make sense. But...... it's all very vague still, it seems as though their participation and it's conditions keep shifting to suit the political currents. I get a sense of offering, but not committing to work together.
What's to say if it happened, they suddenly change their mind again and the original coalition is up s**t creek without a paddle? Could be disruptive to say the least.

kevplumb

comical seeing as they have been in bed together for years

nothing wrong with that seeing as the SLP is the SCABS rebranded

ohh they are are  with comerade carl at the top of the list

they must think everyboby fell off the last onion boat up the tees
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

Conservatives fighting for the planning chair ...now that is a worry.

DRiddle

You forget that Shane isn't/wasn't just anti-scab, he's anti-Labour more broadly. Essentially he's a Tory at Heart who used the 'UKIP thing' to get elected. Why would someone who is basically Tory and anti-Labour abandon a coalition with Tories and form one with Labour?

He won't.

Labour need a different approach.

Set aside where the scabs do or do not slot into all of this for a minute.

Why would a proper Tory deal with Labour?

They wouldn't.

Labour need a re-think about where to go next.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on May 18, 2019, 05: PM

Labour need a different approach...................

They have already done a reverse ferret when they saw the backlash (on social meeja) to their 'dog in a manger attitude to working with other parties. Given they are somersaulting all over the place denying they ever had any connection with the SCABs I suggest they make sure they are wearing clean knickers before the next round of handstands!