What’s the REAL reason Labour won’t take chairs within the council?

Started by DRiddle, May 16, 2019, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on May 20, 2019, 01: PM
Further to jeffh analysis it's interesting to note that Putting Seaton First have all three Cllrs in Chairs (2) and Dep Chairs (1) positions.

Labour have 10 Cllrs and 8 positions. 4 Chairs 4 Dep Chairs

Independent Union have 8 Cllrs but only 3 positions, 1 Chair, 2 Dep Chairs.

It is hardly proportional unless Labour can't do their maths, which is probably why Labour are so cavalier in how they spend CT monies?

The figures above begs the question; have Putting Seaton First entered into a coalition with Labour?

Maybe Labour want them to - a cunning plan?

Foggy

I wonder if IU would want anything else. Its highly likely Tennant will be off to the European parliament soon so he will be out of the equation. Maybe the rest would be happy with places on committees rather than chairs or deputy chairs.

Although it seems that Labour are deperate to keep the Tories away from planning. Wonder why that is.  ;D

John Lauderdale for Ceremonial Mayor was obviously on the cards but I'm curious about the proposal for Deputy. I know Amy Prince is well thought of in Labour circles but she has just been elected and hasn't had chance to prove herself yet. I would have though it was more appropriate that the Deputy Mayor position be given to someone who has proven themselves to be a decent Councillor over a number of years.