What’s the REAL reason Labour won’t take chairs within the council?

Started by DRiddle, May 16, 2019, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disgruntled voter

If labour doesn't take these seats they are being very foolish !! They should be seen to challenge the SCABS at every opportunity!! Especially now the Teddy Boy and co have started a new venture with the dynamic director and mike young!!! If they don't , nothing will change ..new labour same tories!!

mk1

If Shane gives CAB a Chair then it is a monumental error and fatal to any hopes they have of establishing the brand locally -Farage's  soon to be announced UKIP  Mk II. It might play well nationally though so that is why it is being negotiated.
We should get realistic and recognise all the factors in play. Tennant is just another Doc pothole. Here to establish a name as a stepping stone to greater thing as  he has no  genuine interest in Hartlepool. Indeed he might be 'moving on' in a matter of weeks. He was all over his best mate Farage when he was visiting The Marina and they are so close Tennant would be an applicant if Farage's advertises for a new mistress. I guess it looks good if the new Party can boast it will work together for what is best and can ignore petty political rivalry in the name of the public good. Hartlepool is being used as a sounding-board by Farage loyalists and anyone who believed that changing your name to 'Independent' suddenly erases your political history and makes you an  actual independent is naive.   Tapping into disaffected Labour Leavers and getting a 'hard Brexit' is the ultimate driver here and its just business as usual for the professional political schemers who run every Party-people you deride as 'the Elite' if they are opposition political schemers..

fred c

Whichever way I look at this the only conclusion I can come to is that Labour are fully prepared to sit back and bollox to the town and its problems.....No wonder people are sick to death of the s***e that passes for politics both locally and nationally.

The SCABAL ripped the a**e out of the town under CABS Leadership but we need to remember that it wasn't just SCABAL members that made up the ruling group..... Unless i'm mistaken it was a labour 'ruling group', the least we should expect of the Corbyn Pixies is that they take an active part in repairing the damage done to both the council and the town by the Labour Group.

Disgruntled voter

Labour should be going through a period of redemption not resentment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on May 17, 2019, 10: AM
The narrative that Labour are now SCABAL free doesn't wash with me. 40% of their current councils backed CAB every single time on every single issue and more importantly offered literally ZERO objection to allowance rises and various other calamitous decisions
It doesn't have to wash with any of us, it just has to get the disillusioned Labour voters back on board by declaring their ditching of the cabal has made everything nice and loverly in the Party. It has to give them the appearance of starting afresh and change.
Sadly for them they ditched no one, they stood to attention till the cabal walked out. They then peered round the door to make sure the cabal had gone, summoned up their collective courage and dashed out to declare their independence. Piffle.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

The rumours have been flying for a few days now and no direct denial or even a comment. I think we had better brace ourselves.............

DRiddle

Who's telling the truth then? Will Labour refuse committee chairs on the basis they won't involve themselves with the HIU/Tory coalition? Or is the reality, as I stated days ago, they CAN'T without agreement from further up the chain within Labour?

Before CAB has even technically been removed as leader this week seems to have been a monumental c**k up from all sides involved.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Labour%20Party%20Rule%20Book%202018%20Ch%2013%20Clause%20X.pdf?token=AWxj2_oRGoTr-ggLKD6hw2ZiDKOYr740WIBvRJX0dzscOoWKWE0AOJf_7nnWvQOIcQLllsXIkALrkO24KwCKHR_AbnlG-et3dH-t_dDjScWLuJdP2weEcpfFFk5TXl78MBipdU3K_WZbJzoQ2xyAKdg_

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on May 19, 2019, 12: PM
Who's telling the truth then?

I don't think 'truth' is  even a factor here. Labour know the brand is tarnished. They have accepted they will spend time in the wilderness and are now just engaged in  general mud-slinging because they have nothing to lose. Their name is siht and no one believes a word they say. They are already covered in merde so they are just seeing how much they can transfer to those they are attacking. Its not Labour trying to be positive but a planned and concerted effort to confuse, conflate and confound. Quite simply an crude  attempt to tarnish Shane and the opposition.
Paddy comes across as a bit shifty in his video blitz. He struggles reading from a prepared script and there are a large  number of cuts that indicate Machiavelli was not happy with his delivery and it took several tries before he sounded as if he half-meant what the script told him he believed. I think his mejaa consultant (Machiavelli?)  needs to  insert a few  'noddies' next time!

fred c

Jonathan J F Brash is working extremely hard to convince everyone that it really is the 'Opposition' that are at fault but throwing crap at them only alienates Joe Public, I have lost count of the number of posters who have said "I won't vote labour" and a the porky pies are one of the main reasons.

They still haven't grasped the root cause of the problem they are faced with......Voters don't trust them and it isn't solely down to the SCABAL, the rumours and counters rumours they are currently peddling are certainly increasing that mistrust.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 19, 2019, 05: PM
Jonathan J F Brash is working extremely hard to convince everyone that it really is the 'Opposition' that are at fault but throwing crap at them only alienates Joe Public,.
He has been chosen (probably by himself) as the public face of the 'new' New Labour.  As he was defenestrated by CAB a few years back he is the ONLY Labour insider who can say he 'always' (well always from the time CAB decided it was time to dump him) opposed the Cabal. They know that it would be a complete waste of time for Carl (or insert name of any random Labour councillor in the last 7 years) to start claiming he/she were always opposed to CAB. It is a mark as to how low the Labour brand has sunk that Jonathan James Frederick Brash is their most credible mouthpiece.
Can't help noticing how the Jonathan James Frederick Brash  Facebook Posts are as verbose as his old council speeches!

Inspector Knacker

They had their chance to turn a new page and restore some lost ground. It was there, on a plate' then the genetic clever dick gene kicked in and their crude attempt to go for a quick return to where they think they belong. When it comes to Machiavellian tactics they're out of their depth. These were the people who let a pantomime cast run them. They'd be better off showing some humility and starting afresh after they've retired the old dinasours.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

The latest twist in this saga is Paddy Brown proposing, in exchange for their support of Shane Moore for Leader and dissolving the conservative coaltion, the following chairs
Mayor - Lauderdale
Finance & Policy - Moore (default position of Leader)
Audit & Governance - Black
Licensing - Smith
Planning - Hall
Neighbourhood Service - Hunter
Regeneration - Brown
Child Services - Harrison
Adult Social Care - Thomas

That makes 4 Labour, 1 HIU & 4 Independent - that's not very politically balanced is it.  It would appear that new Labour Talk the Talk but don't Walk the Walk

Land Phil

Ged Hall has been a puppet in the past, I wouldn't have any confidence in him chairing planning.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: jeffh on May 20, 2019, 10: AM

Mayor - Lauderdale
Finance & Policy - Moore (default position of Leader)
Audit & Governance - Black
Licensing - Smith
Planning - Hall
Neighbourhood Service - Hunter
Regeneration - Brown
Child Services - Harrison
Adult Social Care - Thomas

That makes 4 Labour, 1 HIU & 4 Independent - that's not very politically balanced is it.  It would appear that new Labour Talk the Talk but don't Walk the Walk

Don't forget they want 4 vice chairs or deputy positions also.

Hartlepudlion

Further to jeffh analysis it's interesting to note that Putting Seaton First have all three Cllrs in Chairs (2) and Dep Chairs (1) positions.

Labour have 10 Cllrs and 8 positions. 4 Chairs 4 Dep Chairs

Independent Union have 8 Cllrs but only 3 positions, 1 Chair, 2 Dep Chairs.

It is hardly proportional unless Labour can't do their maths, which is probably why Labour are so cavalier in how they spend CT monies?

The figures above begs the question; have Putting Seaton First entered into a coalition with Labour?