New Coalition

Started by jeffh, May 10, 2019, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: diSme on May 10, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2019, 03: PM
Quote from: diSme on May 10, 2019, 02: PM
I really don't know what to think at the moment....

I am appreciative of the fact that change is clearly happening, however I still remain concerned that the town and the taxpayer will get screwed over once again....

I'm interested to see how this all plays out, but I've learned over the years to not trust any political figure or party. There's almost always an underlying agenda for those involved.
It's called politics, that's how it works. I take it you never vote then?

I'm not a complete imbecile, and I have a fair idea of "how it works", but I will openly admit that the smoke and mirrors do confuse me sometimes,, and people using analogies and speaking in whispers and riddles does not assist the average Joe Bloggs in understanding what exactly is going on.

Straight talking is something that unfortunately appears to be lacking more and more these days. Apparently it's trendy and looks intelligent to be able to have underhanded digs at people without actually saying what you really mean...
I can't say that's a style that impresses me much.
I did tell you how it is, straight down the line. If you want to interpret straight talking as something else and add strange interpretations to it, crack on.
Remember though, politicians rely on the indifference of the majority to succeed.

So why the comment about voting? If you bothered to read any of my other posts, you'd realise that I take voting quite seriously, and that I also openly state when and why I'm unsure about my choices....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2019, 05: PM
Your naivety.

I'm naive for stating that I'm dubious and unsure about what is going on politically???

A wise man questions everything...

Inspector Knacker

Anyone who questions 'eveything' wastes a lot of time and gets nowhere fast ( and becomes very unpopular) A shrewd man sorts the wheat from the chaff then gets down to the things that need questioning.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2019, 06: PM
Anyone who questions 'eveything' wastes a lot of time and gets nowhere fast ( and becomes very unpopular) A shrewd man sorts the wheat from the chaff then gets down to the things that need questioning.

Clearly you are wiser (and more popular) than I am

Inspector Knacker

No, just a cynic and a lifelong observer of human nature.

diSme

Observing human nature must take up quite a bit of precious time

Lucy Lass-Tick

With a bit if practice it becomes instinctive.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: diSme on May 10, 2019, 06: PM
Not if it's your job. But I won't waste any more of yours.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: diSme on May 10, 2019, 06: PM
Not if it's your job. But I won't waste any more of yours.

I could say that "questioning everything" is my job, but I do not wish to derail this thread any further  ;)