Barclay canvassing.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 11, 2019, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Wonder who's helping Mammy dish out her leaflets?

Nice

If he is suspended from the Labour Party , is he still alllowed to continue his roles as a Councillor ?

jeffh

Quote from: Nice on April 16, 2019, 08: AM
If he is suspended from the Labour Party , is he still alllowed to continue his roles as a Councillor ?

I think the answer to that is yes - Ged Hall walked the floor but remained as councillor.

He would remain as a councillor for the Manor but would have no political affilitiation, so he couldn't vote for his husband as leader of the Council Labour party.

fred c

Yes, not sure about him remaining as chairman of the neighbourhood services committee though.

I think it puts an end to any ambitions of him being made a Freeman of the Borough and having a life sized portrait hanging in the civic..........hehehehehehe

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on April 16, 2019, 08: AM

I think it puts an end to any ambitions of him being made a Freeman of the Borough and having a life sized portrait hanging in the civic..........hehehehehehe
I don't think they make a canvas for a life size portrait that big, they'd need an industrial size canvas.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Official Labour press release at 11am today. SAB claiming bullying/homophobia/antisemitism/disability discrimination (delete as appropriate) expected at around 11.01am

diSme

Quote from: DRiddle on April 16, 2019, 10: AM
Official Labour press release at 11am today. SAB claiming bullying/homophobia/antisemitism/disability discrimination (delete as appropriate) expected at around 11.01am

I'm interested to hear the reasoning on both sides...
I believe everything and nothing

crisstw

Quote from: DRiddle on April 16, 2019, 10: AM

I doubt it'll be that quick, they'll need someone to proof read his response and correct the mistakes. 12:00 I reckon, directly to the mail.

Nice

I have a feeling this was expected and considered as collateral damage /short term issue , in that a temporary suspension could be "lived with" . We can only hope a full expulsion scuppers their cunning plan :-) Of course I could be wrong and he really is as thick as my nana's mince :-)

Call Me Al

Having worked very closely with all these people in a previous capacity I can confirm that SAB is not the shiniest button on a coat.
CAB calls the shots along with MD, he just goes along and does as he is told. I would imagine most of his bad calls have arisen from bad advice.
Let's hope that today's suspension is the start of a bigger collapse.

jeffh

Quote from: Call Me Al on April 16, 2019, 12: PM
Having worked very closely with all these people in a previous capacity I can confirm that SAB is not the shiniest button on a coat.
CAB calls the shots along with MD, he just goes along and does as he is told. I would imagine most of his bad calls have arisen from bad advice.
Let's hope that today's suspension is the start of a bigger collapse.
Could I suggest it has been more to do with not listening to advice

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on April 16, 2019, 02: PM

Could I suggest it has been more to do with not listening to advice
You could do a search hear and find's Steve's old post where he warns Brash that a Cabal was forming in Owton Manor that was going to seize control of the local party.. The Labour cyphers all said it was a ridiculous  charge and everything was  fine between the brothers. It ended up with Brash and wife sent to Siberea for re-education  and now we see the payback as the booters now become the booted.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/shock-snub-in-race-for-top-police-role-1-4601654

I wonder which of the new  Corbyn mob is going to form a gang  and seize control from Anth and Co when they, as they all do,  feck up? Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it...................

Inspector Knacker

The Party never forgives nor forgets. It's akin to a religious cult where you are free to think if you think what they say you must think. Falling out with them is not really an option. Party always come first.
There's a masochistic/subservience part to being a member of any Party. A compliant member is a happy member and it avoids having to think.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

given this prediction from 2012 ....

Quote from: steveL on June 20, 2012, 01: PM
Poor Drummond didn't come out of it too well. A case of damned if he turned up; damned if he didn't. As it happens - he didn't, probably to stop him being accused of being too close to the issue. Even so, he still got slated for going public with his thoughts in The Mail.

It's a sign of things to come, I reckon. Akers-Belcher has his sights on that Leader of the Council roleand the executive power and allowance that comes with it so it's going to be a case of all guns aimed at Drummond for some time to come.

And this by The Dear Leader on 'fake' Labour candidates, I wonder what he thinks of the Mother-Law's actions?:

Quote from: steveL on April 11, 2013, 02: PM
There're some interesting quotes from CAB in today's Mail article about the resignation of Brash and Hargreaves. To me they suggest that it is not the two who have wandered away from labour but rather the town's labour group who have cast themselves adrift.

". . . but Labour group leader, Christopher Akers-Belcher, said there is no such term as "independent Labour" and said they should seek re-election through a by-election."

"Coun Akers-Belcher said: "They are no longer in the Labour Group and given they have been so vocal on political principles they have no mandate to be a councillor and as such should abide by their conscience and seek re-election through a duly called by-election.

"They were elected as Labour candidates and once they lose that brand they speak for no-one but themselves.""

That last sentence seems to say it all in that 'speaking for no one but themselves' seems to be the most common complaint against the self-enriching, cabal currently leading the labour group. Is not the Peer Group's finding revealing the perception that some councillors are acting out of self-interest the very reason we are about to see an enquiry into the matter?

There's a world of difference between speaking for yourself based on what you believe and speaking for yourself to inflate your own bank account. The fact that CAB doesn't seem to understand the difference is, I guess, at the root of many of the labour group's current problems.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/question-row-pair-resign-1-5572636

"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by."

Hartlepudlion

I wonder if CAB will say the same thing about His partner SAB, mother-in-law and friend(?) Barclay?