Barclay canvassing.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 11, 2019, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from mk1

"The merde is flying thick and fast and unfortunately both sides are telling huge porkies about the other"

It's at times like this you realise how big a loss the council nursery is  ::)  ::) ::)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Land Phil on April 19, 2019, 07: PM
Disgusted enough to return his sold gold medals ?
Let's get it straight, they ain't medals as I know them. They're badges off his chums for just being there. Despite what they allegedly cost they're utterly worthless.
The biggest joke is he got two.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

After all that's come out and the clumsy contortions we're witnessing, he just doesn't get it. And never will.

Land Phil

I was thinking today seeing the queues outside the chip shops.
I bet less than 1% know the significance of what they were doing and equally have never been in a Church.

With the same blind ignorance they vote Labour.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Land Phil on April 19, 2019, 11: PM
I was thinking today seeing the queues outside the chip shops.
I bet less than 1% know the significance of what they were doing and equally have never been in a Church.

With the same blind ignorance they vote Labour.
That's a great analogy of politics in Hartlepool. I've always been bemused by them stood in massive queues to buy something they can buy every other day with much less hassle because they've always done it and it's traditional.

fred c

There's a Funfair on the Catty Road field a few shows and car boot stalls a burger van etc......I live round the corner and noticed when I passed that Barclay and his pet leaflet delivery assistant were in attendance........ Talk about clutching at straws.

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on April 20, 2019, 01: PM
There's a Funfair on the Catty Road field a few shows and car boot stalls a burger van etc......I live round the corner and noticed when I passed that Barclay and his pet leaflet delivery assistant were in attendance........ Talk about clutching at straws.
my Cafe
19 hrs ·
Looking for something to do this Saturday.

Join Hartlepool Mayor Allan Barclay in celebrating St George's day (a few days early) and help raise some funds for armed forces charities and good causes.

This Saturday a family funday will be held on the field between Catcote Road and Marlowe / Swinburne Road. 10:00am / 3:00pm

Tombola
Face painting
Psychic readings
Egg craft painting
Rides
Snakes, spiders and owls
Kites (weather permitting)

This is supported by my cafe and rifty volunteers in an effort to support our hard working Mayor Allan Barclay

Car boot sellers can turn up between 8am and 9:30am to set up

https://www.facebook.com/mycafeHartlepool/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157360338854595&set=gm.1998234263805875&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Lucy Lass-Tick

Psychic readings? Seeing what's foretold for the May elections?  ::)

diSme

I'm curious to know which candidates have actually bothered to post literature and speak to local people in the various wards....

I know that in my ward (fens/rossmere), the only literature I have received was from Peter Joyce, and he was knocking on doors by himself and speaking to people directly. This kind of effort goes a long way towards convincing me how much conviction a candidate has, and in that vein of thought, I think it would be beneficial for people to share what's occurring in their own wards.

Basically,, who is serious, and who is not....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jawsbbc on April 20, 2019, 01: PM

Join Hartlepool Mayor Allan Barclay in celebrating St George's day (a few days early) and help raise some funds for armed forces charities and good causes
Can they specify just what the  'good causes' are exactly?
Some definition would help.
Also, did they have permission to use the field for this purpose and were residents consulted beforehand?
Can any individual or group now use it for similar purposes, as a precedence has now been set?
Any idea how many Labour Councillors attended this event for a rival competing Party member?

fred c

I passed the field again around 2pm.......Barclay was obviously practicing for his new job..... A black bag and a picky up stick was evident, it looked as though he has done it before.

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: fred c on April 20, 2019, 05: PM

I passed the field again around 2pm.......Barclay was obviously practicing for his new job..... A black bag and a picky up stick was evident, it looked as though he has done it before.
It's a clever trick were he pretends to clean rubbish, so he can check discarded beer cans for dregs.

Inspector Knacker

Should Labour Councillors be attending an event for a 'poitician' (I use the word in it's very loosest sense) who is standing against the Labour Party candidate for a rival Party in upcoming elections?

mk1

I note the local Labour Group has lifted Steve's original report (CAB saying Brash and Hargreaves should seek re-election after leaving the Labour Party)and is using his own words to attack Hartlepool's First Couple. You would think they would at least mention who did the heavy lifting for them.
I thought they never read these pages so how did they get the lead?