Local Election Nominations - May 2019

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 03, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieface

looks like hart ward doomed to have kendon as their councillor with the LabCon pact in place and sadly only 2 names in place on the ballot paper.
Signs about the Labour connection in the door drop election pledges leaflet kept extremely minimal just quotes from facebook group friends about integrity and honesty blah blah.
If this is a rerun of 6 months ago for another vacant councillor Does this still mean another election needed or is Jean Robinson still in post somehow?

DRiddle

If this is a tactic then it's not designed to help Eileen Kendon. Or if it is it's a stupid tactic. My guess here is the not so hidden hand who still controls the local conservatives has pulled their usual Tory Hart candidate to help the SCABs.

There are anywhere between 200-400 Tory voters on Hart Ward and my guess would be that without a Tory candidate their votes are more likely to go independent than they are to Labour.

Eileen Kendon is reportedly one of the keys to tipping the numbers AWAY from the SCABS.

Her winning Hart is far from certain. She's already contested it twice and lost both times including once when she offered to do it for FREE just seven months ago.

That time she got 582 votes against the Independent lad who got 637. There were 200 Conservative votes that day along with 27 Green Party Votes.

The 227 votes are the key to winning this. Do 200 Tory voters suddenly vote for a Labour candidate under the 'leadership' of Akers-Belcher at local level and Corbyn nationally?

Personally i think not. She still might win but i very much doubt this is a pact designed to get her elected. Quite the opposite in fact.

Call Me Al

I agree with David completely on this. Eileens tireless work in the community is commendable and appreciated however I still expect James Brewers majority to increase this time round.
James and Tom not being invited to the residents group meetings would also have an impact although perhaps not a significant one.
If Eileen is determined to become a Councillor she should consider standing as an Independent, probably romp home, and be able to carry on her community work with a financial benefit attached. Surely 2 failed attempts should be telling her that red is not her colour.

DRiddle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_tees

9.02-9.03am

SAB laying the foundations for if/when he parts ways with the group. Plank.

stokoe

So who are the stooges in each ward to take some of the votes away from the good guys or gals, I know in the foggy furze ward Connor stallard is because cranny and him follow each other on Instagram.

Topcat

"So who are the stooges in each ward to take some of the votes away from the good guys or gals, I know in the foggy furze ward Connor stallard is because cranny and him follow each other on Instagram"

I know Lee Cartwright standing for VAPP is the genuine article and he is getting my vote, I think Loynes and Wildeberg allegedly could both be a bit suspect I repeat ALLEGEDLY.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on April 17, 2019, 12: PM

9.02-9.03am

It is at 13:02 for me. The 'clock countdown' is in minutes only, no seconds so no precise start for the babbling turnip.

Good to know the suspension is a:
'weight off my shoulder(sic) because, ye naw I have been very unhappy in the Labour Party for a long time now because of the inaction of the Party.....................Why don't you just leave then?.........Thats an option isn't it? I  often ask myself why, why, why am I in The Labour Party and can you, can you better fight outside The Labour Party because it seems no one is actually doing anyfink............'

Oh dear, now who is going to pay for all the cruises, Botox treatment, hair transplants and gastric bands?

fred c

looking back to my early working years I wonder if I would have been better off being a 'Grass Cutter' it obviously had its downsides, all the bending down and getting stains off your clothes and in wet weather you could end up ankle deep in mud.......On balance being a plumber probably ment I dealt with less crap..

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: mk1 on April 17, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on April 17, 2019, 12: PM

9.02-9.03am

It is at 13:02 for me. The 'clock countdown' is in minutes only, no seconds so no precise start for the babbling turnip.

Good to know the suspension is a:
'weight off my shoulder(sic) because, ye naw I have been very unhappy in the Labour Party for a long time now because of the inaction of the Party.....................Why don't you just leave then?.........Thats an option isn't it? I  often ask myself why, why, why am I in The Labour Party and can you, can you better fight outside The Labour Party because it seems no one is actually doing anyfink............'

Oh dear, now who is going to pay for all the cruises, Botox treatment, hair transplants and gastric bands?

Looks like they are playing parts of a larger interview, you can still listen to the 13:02 on live but have to go into the schedule and back to the morning show to hear the 9:02/9:03 news item which is different to the 13:02 one.
Either way, do we have the full interview to look forward to on Look North tonight?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Call Me Al on April 17, 2019, 10: AM
I agree with David completely on this. Eileens tireless work in the community is commendable ......
If Eileen is determined to become a Councillor she should consider standing as an Independent, probably romp home, and be able to carry on her community work
But she chose to align herself with a Party and Party's demands always come first.
The exact opposite of independent.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

All labour candidates say the same thing.........but when it comes down to it, It's Party every time.

Inspector Knacker

I never fail to marvel at people who fail to realise that their Party Councillor's loyalty is to their Party first, second and third, when it should be to the voters.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 17, 2019, 09: PM
Quote from: mk1 on April 17, 2019, 08: PM
Usual suspects doing the usual.............

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=370298703576926&id=159119108028221&__tn__=-R

Kissing dogs and patting babies' heads? ...

I thought it was a ad for a new series called 'Welcome to 'Artlepool - The Real Royston Vasey.'