Local Election Nominations - May 2019

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 03, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

The Corbyn Pixies are trying so hard to promote there opposition to the SCABAL, unfortunately for them they have a habit of making t***s of themselves.

Ron Watts the labour candidate for the Manor Ward dropped his leaflet through the door this morning, as well as the usual Pixie Propaganda...we are reclaiming labour in Hartlepool, we are going to concentrate on ward matters,  we looking to adopt the Hartlepool Model.............

There are a number of photgraphs but 1 really stood out, a group photo of 3 rows of supporters, in the centre of the middle row was Carl Richardson (former chairman of the council) in the middle of the back row was the (until recently) the Chairman of the HCLP........

I have to ask myself, if the feel the need to get shot of the SCABAL now.......

Why has it taken the 2 most powerful labour members in Hartlepool so many years to revolt.....Why didn't they suspend SAB for lying through his pearly whites or making spurious claims of the mistreatment of vulnerable adults.?

Why wasn't Cranney suspended for making sexually charged misogynistic and abusive comments to a grandmother. ?

Both are complicit in how Hartlepool Labour have governed the town in the last decade, are we now expected to believe they have always been anti SCABAL or have they both travelled the road to Damascus ?

Inspector Knacker

This doesn't wash. They've stood silent like bystanders for years, quite happy to be busy doing nothing while what I consider the worst leadership in my memory romped around the corridors of power. They're like a group booking swimming lessons now the ship is sinking.
This is part of the problem. The whole outfit wants flushing and starting again.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

totally agree IK the lot are nothing short of a shower(add ending as appropriate)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

stokoe

Just got Connor stallard bull***t through the door,he is one of crannys followers on Instagram,so he's a stooge,one of his 4 policies is to in his words. If I become a councillor on May 2nd,the money I get given as a ward councillor will be put back into the local community.  😂😂😂

Inspector Knacker

Dependent Independents are the new version of the 'Save the Hospital' candidates who were once quite popular with a handful appearing in each ward when needed.
They all came out to play with a variation on the same theme which served no other purpose than to scatter votes to the wind. So who benefitted from , now let me guess?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: DRiddle on May 02, 2019, 11: PM
Stand by your bunks people.

We are David.....sheets folded properly (hospital corners), rifle cleaned, heads cleaned, just awaiting inspection!

DRiddle

I'm hearing Labour have lost some of their real stronghold seats. Akers-Belcher will point to the national picture and a Brexit backlash against the national parties and blah blah blah. He'll convince himself he hasn't destroyed the reputation of the local Labour Party in Hartlepool.

He HAS.

Just like we all KNEW he would.

DRiddle

Headland and Harbour has gone to the Hartlepool Union. Exorcising the ghost of Doctor Pothole.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: DRiddle on May 03, 2019, 12: AM
Headland and Harbour has gone to the Hartlepool Union. Exercising the ghost of Doctor Pothole.

Good news.

DRiddle

UKIP have taken Manor House. Well done Barclay, you've helped Labour lose one of the safest council seats in England.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: DRiddle on May 03, 2019, 12: AM
UKIP have taken Manor House. Well done Barclay, you've helped Labour lose one of the safest council seats in England.

Well done Alan....have a drink on me!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Cranney out, David Riddle? Did Cartwright win? (Sorry - knocked a post out in error).

Foggy

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 03, 2019, 12: AM
Cranney out, David Riddle? Did Cartwright win? (Sorry - knocked a post out in error).
Looks like it according to James Black on FB. I never thought I'd see the day!!!  ;D ;D ;D

DRiddle

Yes he lost. I think Labour might finish the night with just 12 or 13 councillors out of the 33.