Local Election Nominations - May 2019

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 03, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I thought it was a trailer for a remake of the A Team.
Basically, has beens and never will be's featuring a strange mix of the aesthetically challenged. Like the old programme, it's well past it's sell by date, looking the worse for wear and appeals to the non deep thinkers end of the Spectrum. It's time is up, but sadly they try to keep the format alive to keep the money rolling in, for now.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mr ben

first time in 20 years and im not voting . foggy furze ward has got nothing to offer but the same old bollocks ...year after after year after year  .....

Inspector Knacker

I live in Foggy Furze but I'll hold my nose and vote for the least worse option. The status quo is not acceptable and nothing is changed by despair.

diSme

I'm pleased I at least have a viable option in my ward. I think I would also be unlikely to vote if I was in foggy furze....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

The only election pamphlet I've received is for 'Joe Larkin' under the independent banner, but seems ok by reports I've had, so probably give him a go.
If Cranney's only opponent was a turnip I'd go for the vegetable option every time.

stokoe

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 18, 2019, 04: PM
The only election pamphlet I've received is for 'Joe Larkin' under the independent banner, but seems ok by reports I've had, so probably give him a go.
If Cranney's only opponent was a turnip I'd go for the vegetable option every time.

Yes me also and I'm going with him, maybe we all should to get rid of the a-------

Inspector Knacker

As Mr Blackadder said, "A victory for stupidity over common sense".
It may indeed be a very funny comedy sketch, but in our case it seems more
like a documentary of events. I suspect a few of our 'characters' would dovetail seamlessly into the programme.
A 'rotten borough' indeed.

Foggy

Me too! It does frustrate me that the real independents and others still play into Labour's hands though. Why can't they get their act together and unite against them?

It also frustrates me how usually around 200 people vote for a fake Tory every single time in Foggy Furze. It's just a Loynes instead of a Wells these days though ::)

The only election material I've had is from Joe Larkin and Lee Cartwright. It looks like Joe is associated with John Lauderdale and Ged Hall. A friend of mine had a chat to him when he was doing the rounds and canvassing for support and said that he does seem like a decent bloke who seems genuine about the area.

He'll probably get my vote though I'm not 100% decided yet.

Unfortunately it won't make any difference. Too many people still blindly vote red around here.

Heknocks68

Loadsamoney I dont need it!! Leaflet arrived today, the "Labour" tag is all but omitted, mentioned inside were Jim claims "I worked with the Labour party to ensure that the Fens & Rossmere communities weren't broken apart into wards with other areas at the opposite end of the town" What utter rubbish, Jim , are you suggesting to the electorate that you took the lead on this? By the lead, voting on an issue, the documentation of which you had not read, like others who were deliberatley not given sufficient time to peruse prior to voting. Was is not the case that this boundry issue was brought more dynamically to the electorate by the chair of the Fens Residence Association, the Labour party trying to rush it through before it could be closer looked at. Elections are closing in, time will tell if people have forgotten such acts or not.

diSme

I've been kind of hoping loadsamoney is going to knock on my door at some point.... I'd thoroughly enjoy a conversation with him.

As yet, I have received nothing
I believe everything and nothing

Foggy

I did notice the omission of the Labour tag on Loadsamoney's leaflet when I saw it yesterday, as well as the slightly darker red that covered the majority of it.

In contrast, I received Cranney's leaflet today with the Labour tag and his ugly mug all over it (7 pictures on A5 double sided is a tad excessive). Didn't bother reading it as it went straight in the recycling.

The games people play eh. I'm sensing a little more than normal in this year's local elections. Although I'm quite enjoying the in fighting within the red ranks  ;D

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Foggy on April 23, 2019, 04: PM

In contrast, I received Cranney's leaflet today with the Labour tag and his ugly mug all over it (7 pictures on A5 double sided is a tad excessive). Didn't bother reading it as it went straight in the recycling.

You can't recycle it, it's now classed as polluted with all them pics of him on it. I hope you didn't touch it, it's like plutonium and you don't want to get it on your clothes either.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Foggy on April 19, 2019, 11: AM

It also frustrates me how usually around 200 people vote for a fake Tory every single time in Foggy Furze. It's just a Loynes instead of a Wells these days though ::)
The so called Tory's are a joke. It appears their only purpose is to act as distractions. Is it a Party or a dynasty?

As for the independents getting together, with so may of them, you have to ask who's the independent and who's not?

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 23, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: Foggy on April 19, 2019, 11: AM

The so called Tory's are a joke. It appears their only purpose is to act as distractions. Is it a Party or a dynasty?

As for the independents getting together, with so may of them, you have to ask who's the independent and who's not?

....and that is exactly why did it  - splits the Independent vote - I believe they did it with Ann Marshall