Local Election Nominations - May 2019

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 03, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 08, 2019, 05: PM
Who's had election leaflets so far - and which party in which wards?

I wonder if the family Loynes and Cranney's relatives will produce and distribute election leaflets......

pensionater

I had a leaflet today off the Independent Union candidate.It says sorry we missed you but i sat and watched them push it through the letterbox.The candidate doesn't live in the ward and the leaflet was printed by a  London firm.Tut tut.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on April 10, 2019, 07: PM
I had a leaflet today off the Independent Union candidate.It says sorry we missed you but i sat and watched them push it through the letterbox.The candidate doesn't live in the ward and the leaflet was printed by a  London firm.Tut tut.
Do you know everyone who lives in your ward? I never realised you could only canvass in the Ward you live in, you learn something every day. As if. I'll tell Barclay when he came canvassing last year and the years before that, because he doesn't live in or represent my ward. Double whammy.
Just out of interest, why didn't you go to the door and point it out to them, I can only assume you never really wanted to see them anyway.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on April 10, 2019, 07: PM
I had a leaflet today off the Independent Union candidate.It says sorry we missed you but i sat and watched them push it through the letterbox.The candidate doesn't live in the ward and the leaflet was printed by a London firm.Tut tut.

At least its better than a Hartlepool Candidate (subsequently elected) who actually lives in London!

DRiddle

I'm not buying this. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1038717826332552&id=982335555304113

Having been at the sharp end of helping to spread the message about the problem within the council (the SCABAL) for about 7 years, I think I'm a fair judge of things in and around HBC.

I see the tactics as being a concerted effort for independent candidates (proper ones) to win the winnable seats. There are definitely fake independents trying to help KC but the H.U genuinely believe they can advance their numbers within the council.

I don't doubt RMW is still scuttling around in the shadows, but I don't buy the alledged alliance.

This is the 'new labour' members spreading rumours trying to save Labours overall position in my view.

Inspector Knacker

Have the clique morphed into a dynasty, a clan to whom which Party they belong to is utterly irrelevant. They appear to put the clan Mc Selfy above everything else in a world where Party lines are so blurred as to be pointless.
As their grip on power starts slipping through their grasping hands like talcum powder, it would appear the only option left is confusion. If you've made a massive mess you hope it turns foggy to hide the effects, but it never lasts long. Reinventing yourself as independents at this stage is an act of desperation.
Are we reaching terminal velocity on the 'glorious reign' of the 'Lord of the Flies Party'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Looking back 18months to 2 years ago the Poisonous Pixies appeared on the Hartlepool Political scene, they adopted the tactics of bullying, vilification, physical threats and blatant lies, it reached the stage the police became involved.

Those involved were a collection of a***holes and egotists, as happens with such individuals they eventually turned on each other and a number of them began to use the long held beliefs and. arguments used by this forum to push their own agenda.

This fake news produced by Aye is a continuation of their disinformation campaign to futher local political ambitions, as David Riddle says, I don't buy it and neither will many others who take an interest in the local political situation.

Look no further than the propaganda shenanigans surrounding a London resident gaining a seat on the labour led council, lies and deceit were peddled by new and old labmob members to try and justify the party's actions.

This has got the Crackpot Compositor's inky fingers all over it.

diSme

Who writes for Hartlepool Aye? Anybody know?
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: diSme on April 12, 2019, 08: AM

Just look at the style .... and the layout of the Facebook page ...  8) 8)  'Tis an exercise on mischief. Totally incorrect. Maybe we should allow it the status of an 'Urban Myth'.

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

Quote from: diSme on April 12, 2019, 08: AM
Someone myopic. They have completyely ignored the national news that reports a Hartlepool Labour worthy is under investigation for (among other things) antisemitism. In the current Labour Party you have to be  pretty hard-core antisemitic to even get noticed.
Anyone would think this site has agenda and is not interested in 'truth'

This is what they are trying to hide:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-47807652

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 12, 2019, 01: PM
Some of the comments on this link are rather interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=407386399839957&id=239715396607059

I note the alleged antisemite is bearding Fred on the Facebook page for linking the article about him being investigated and I presume drops a bit of insider-information on SABs ultimate fate. He says 'the fecker is getting kicked out of the Labour Party'
We will see, can we rely on the judgement of one who thought Katie Trueman was 'one of us' and going to help boot out CAB only for her to 'go native' in a matter of weeks and set a new record for the  quickest de-selection of a sitting Councillor even though she  got Jeremy Corbyn (Blessed be his name) himself to come to Hartlepool and stump for her!

diSme

This whole farcical escapade is beginning to get a little too confusing for me!

I don't wish to sound like a simpleton, but I'd really like to try and understand what exactly is going on....

I had my mind set on a vote (and still do),, however I'm very wary and cautious that I don't make a vote which will ultimately end up supporting the SCABAL in some way, which is truly my main concern. We need rid of this political virus ASAP....

From what I understand so far, candidates are being deliberately fielded in order to dilute the vote in an effort to strengthen the labour/SCABAL position??
I believe everything and nothing

stokoe

Quote from: diSme on April 12, 2019, 05: PM
This whole farcical escapade is beginning to get a little too confusing for me!

I don't wish to sound like a simpleton, but I'd really like to try and understand what exactly is going on....

I had my mind set on a vote (and still do),, however I'm very wary and cautious that I don't make a vote which will ultimately end up supporting the SCABAL in some way, which is truly my main concern. We need rid of this political virus ASAP....

From what I understand so far, candidates are being deliberately fielded in order to dilute the vote in an effort to strengthen the labour/SCABAL position??

Yes tend to agree with you,so if the clever lads and lasses tell us who the put up numpties are in the different wards are we will stay clear of them.