2019 Council Tax bills

Started by Johnny Bongo, March 13, 2019, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

Just had the CT bill land on the doormat.  We knew that it was going up....and of course, it's due to Government cuts! HBC makes a big issue of this, obviously.  Pity they don't make an issue of collecting outstanding business tax from certain people....and why do they insist on buying up dilapidated slums in Church Street!  On the leaflet it tells us where each £1 of CT is spent.  One item is under the guise of 'Other Services 15p'.  Does anyone know exactly where that goes? 

seaton

The Torres promote tax cuts but funds have to come from elsewhere, so they cut the money to the Councils so forcing Councils to increase the Council Tax.
Whilst putting more in your 'pay packet' they remove it at a later stage.

Inspector Knacker

Doesn't help though when you plead poverty but splash out re-doing things that's already been done and much more. Beg and brag are poor bedfellows.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

pieface

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on March 13, 2019, 11: AM
Just had the CT bill land on the doormat.  We knew that it was going up....and of course, it's due to Government cuts! HBC makes a big issue of this, obviously.  Pity they don't make an issue of collecting outstanding business tax from certain people....and why do they insist on buying up dilapidated slums in Church Street!  On the leaflet it tells us where each £1 of CT is spent.  One item is under the guise of 'Other Services 15p'.  Does anyone know exactly where that goes?
How many of the hugely unnecessary and expensive "intelligent big belly" circa £15000 each bins are costed in that spending list? I saw a council truck filled about 6 of them swapping them over from the existing normal cost metal bins as part of the ever increasing priced king oswy drive shops vanity project moneypit revamp.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I heard that they are soon to be deployed in Church Street/Church Square, another of the 'vanity project moneypit revamps' for which the town of Hrtlpool is becoming famous.

Hartlepudlion

I notice the police precept has gone up by 10.6%.

I thought that they had to have a referendum/vote if it went up more than 4.9%?

Because we have the highest CT in the Tees Valley, it means we pay more per household. Time to lobby Coppinger for more police 👮‍♀️ in Hartlepool 👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️