Mike Hill, Hartlepool’s MP

Started by Hartlepudlion, March 13, 2019, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: pieface on March 28, 2019, 10: PM
I get the impression people of hartlepool you refer too would never be happy with the EU is most likely................

More likely because of the  grip the far right have on the area. Sunderland is a particular hot-spot where convicted thugs vie for respectability and men with a long history of violence think they have found a  political cause that they hope will redeem them.

This from a few days back, our part of the 'north' is the hotbed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47645863

Last year, the highest number of right-wing referrals to counter-terrorism programme Prevent came from the north.

also:

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/chaos-in-sunderland-as-fascist-thugs-breakthrough-police-to-attack-anti-fascist-counter-protesters

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/two-north-east-thugs-sentenced-13959067

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pieface on March 28, 2019, 10: PM
Quote from: eddy on March 25, 2019, 02: PM
I am only an occasional visitor here

Can someone remind me what the people of Hartlepool specifically have against the EU?  Or why it is seen as partially responsible (rather than central government) for our towns current lot.

I get the impression people of hartlepool you refer too would never be happy with the EU is most likely linked back to links with the WW1 bombardment a long time ago. There was still approx 1/3 of hartlepool who are happy to have EU friends and a United Kingdom still.
Highly unlikely. More a case of a town or region in the vice like grip of useless local politicians and indifferent national politicians of all Party's for over 60 years. People see their established industry disappear and want to blame someone.
The answer is in their own hands if they lost their blind loyalty to voting in the same Party decade after decade.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Could I emphasise that I do not blame the EU for the decline in our traditional industries, most other European countries build ships, lorries etc. Out trouble has been our politicians deciding we as a country we're above that sort of thing and we'd become a nation of screen watchers and coffee shops, the service industries where you're either grossly overpaid or grossly underpaid. Blair put the cream on the cake when he decided everyone should have a degree and could look forward to a brave new world of tapping screens in their new air conditionerd glass and chrome satanic mills.
A world of working from home and swipe cards and those who get their hands dirty actually producing something are quietly despised.

mr ben

mike hill !!! the towns cardboard cut out .... what a over PAYED GOON 

Lucy Lass-Tick

No doubt a well meaning sort of chap. But (despite multiple photo opportunities) what has he actually achieved?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 31, 2019, 09: PM
No doubt a well meaning sort of chap. But (despite multiple photo opportunities) what has he actually achieved?
I actually believe he's achieved what he was meant to achieve.
I suspect he's the accidental MP keeping the seat warm, who was meant to say little of consequence, just smile and only pass comment on things that no one could possibly really argue with. Just stand there, smile, don't rock the boat and stick strictly to the script.
He's just hanging around till head office can parachute in some more appropriate candidate with an empathy and love for the town .... from the Home Counties.

Topcat

I get the impression people of hartlepool you refer too would never be happy with the EU is most likely linked back to links with the WW1 bombardment a long time ago. There was still approx 1/3 of hartlepool who are happy to have EU friends and a United Kingdom still.

I am pretty sure that the other 2/3 of Hartlepool people would also still be happy to have E.U. friends and a United Kingdom but we just don't want to live under their orders,or become a part of the United States of Europe that they are working to achieve.

mk1

Quote from: Topcat on April 01, 2019, 08: AM
we just don't want to live under their orders,or become a part of the United States of Europe that they are working to achieve.

Don't we have Euro MPs ?  I believe someone called N. Farage has a seat there.
Don't 'our' judges sit and deliver verdicts in 'EU' courts?
Don't out politicians have a say in any EU decisions? Think back to Thatchers 'Rebate'.

I think what you mean is Johny Foreigner has not yet realised that the UK should be making allthe decisions and their job is just to agree with us.

Hubris

mki, now the clocks have gone back, there must be more satisfying things to do up in Greatham than to sit in all day thinking up your latest ill-informed diatribes against us 17.4 million people who voted leave. You never seem to tire of slipping in posts replete with the use of childish imagery like :- Johnny Foreigner' or 'Brexit loonies' etc etc ad nauseum.
And you don't seem to care one jot that your hero Hill has stuck his grubby fingers in his ears chanting :-
"Nah nah nah.....I can't hear you plebs!!... I don't give a toss that over 60% of my constituents voted to leave. I'm going to blindly follow my Marxist, terrorist loving, UK hating muppet of a leader and vote to stay in the customs union, maintain total free movement and propose a deal to the EU that they will double up with laughter and ridicule before tossing on the garbage dump of Brexit history"
Like jezza, maybe you should spend more time down on the allotment, and while you're there, invite nonentity Hill and his replacement for the safe seat Hill will soon be ousted from...Doc Pothole. Between the 3 of you I reckon your marrow crop would be phenomenal. And soon you can export them to eu (with reasonable tariffs in place of course!)

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on April 01, 2019, 09: PM
mki, now the clocks have gone back, there must be more satisfying things to do up in Greatham than to sit in all day thinking up your latest ill-informed diatribes...................

I just do not like cocksure people full of themselves.  If you and the other fruitcakes had just  allowed for the fact you might need to compromise in order to get most of what you wanted you could be home and dry by now. Instead you decided to demand the most extreme and ideologically pure form of Brexit and shot yourselves in the foot.

Remember the heady days when this was the norm?

mk1

What is it with former Mail employees that makes them turn into uncritical advocates of every crazy  conspiracy theory doing the rounds?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 29, 2019, 10: AM
Could I emphasise that I do not blame the EU for the decline in our traditional industries, most other European countries build ships, lorries etc

Some facts. Note that for the majority of the time the 'Cheese eating surrender monkeys' spend more of Defence that the UK. Not what we are normally told is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS04VJz21rg