Mike Hill, Hartlepool’s MP

Started by Hartlepudlion, March 13, 2019, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

The trouble in Parliament is they're nearly all saying no for different reasons.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 24, 2019, 04: PM
The trouble in Parliament is they're nearly all saying no for different reasons.
The solution is for all to compromise. That means those who want a 'Hard Brexit' or ' Continue as if nothing has happened' will have to be marginalised whilst the rest of us trade the bits we do not agree with for a version we can live with.

Inspector Knacker

The hard part is bringing them together, it's like herding cats. The trouble is crossing Party lines and expecting the MP's to act like normal people and look at what is the best compromise. Too much chest beating, not enough reasoned thought.
Our dear MP strikes me as the loyal Party apparatchik who decides when he's told to 'decide'. He's not there to think, just diligently follow the Party line.

eddy

I am only an occasional visitor here

Can someone remind me what the people of Hartlepool specifically have against the EU?  Or why it is seen as partially responsible (rather than central government) for our towns current lot.

mk1

Quote from: eddy on March 25, 2019, 02: PM

Can someone remind me what the people of Hartlepool specifically have against the EU?  Or why it is seen as partially responsible (rather than central government) for our towns current lot.

Read the Post's Facebook page. You will be shocked by some of the comments.

Inspector Knacker

Meanwhile back at the ranch, is our MP our worst ever?

mk1

I see the knives are out for Tom Watson on the Post Facebook page. I would be the last person to suggest this has nothing at all to do with (as it is claimed) exposing 'corruption' and more about the fact Tom Watson has had the temerity to stand up to Corbyn and  has become the icon of the moderate Labour faction. The Comrades are livid and will do anything to get rid of this 'class traitor'.
Note the link is to 'The Canary' which is The Corbyn propaganda Newsheet and has been censured many times for running factually incorrect 'news' on its pages.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/left-wing-website-the-canary-most-complained-about-impress-regulated-publication-of-2017-18/

The old adage 'Beware Greeks bearing gifts' springs to mind.

Inspector Knacker

The Labour Party is changing. It's recalibrating itself into Corbyn's view of events. I suspect reasonable members will have to adapt or leave the ship.

DRiddle

As predicted, Labour MPs are being three line whipped into supporting a confirmatory referendum. Which is very likely to have 'remain' on the ballot in real terms.

Now comes the acid test i've spoken of before for Mike Hill and the party versus wishes of his constituents.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on March 27, 2019, 03: PM

Now comes the acid test i've spoken of before for Mike Hill and the party versus wishes of his constituents.
So is an MP a representitive or a delegate?

If a delegate when did any of our  Labour MPs ever give a seconds consideration to people of Hartlepool who did not vote Labour?
The Facebook page is starting to look like David Icke's Forum.

fred c

Errrrrrrmmmmm It's a shot in the dark but......he will miraculously grow a pair and vote against the whip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on March 27, 2019, 03: PM
Errrrrrrmmmmm It's a shot in the dark but......he will miraculously grow a pair and vote against the whip.
No.
Ever the faithful Party servant he'll wait till he's told what to vote.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 27, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: fred c on March 27, 2019, 03: PM
No.
Ever the faithful Party servant he'll wait till he's told what to vote.

Labour's whipped three of the amendments, anyway.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Our MPs choices regarding the indicative votes can be found via the BBC website.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47726787

pieface

Quote from: eddy on March 25, 2019, 02: PM

I get the impression people of hartlepool you refer too would never be happy with the EU is most likely linked back to links with the WW1 bombardment a long time ago. There was still approx 1/3 of hartlepool who are happy to have EU friends and a United Kingdom still.