Mike Hill, Hartlepool’s MP

Started by Hartlepudlion, March 13, 2019, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

Voted AGAINST the deal.

Party before town?

Owen Jones

The people of Hartlepool didn't have a clue what they were voting for and most still don't!!

Inspector Knacker

It would be a surprise if he voted any other way.
The Party speaks, he obeys.
It avoids having to think.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Topcat

That was exactly the right thing to do in my opinion. I am a staunch Brexiteer and no Labour supporter but looking at the "deal" and listing to the Attorney Generals remarks would you really want to tie us to a deal that we have no legal means of getting out of.

seaton

Hasn't he said he doesn't support a second Referendum which Corbyn would like ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Topcat on March 13, 2019, 09: AM
That was exactly the right thing to do in my opinion. I am a staunch Brexiteer and no Labour supporter but looking at the "deal" and listing to the Attorney Generals remarks would you really want to tie us to a deal that we have no legal means of getting out of.
Quite right, but...... I suspect his reason was far removed from yours. Yo believed in something v the Party line.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Owen Jones on March 13, 2019, 07: AM
The people of Hartlepool didn't have a clue what they were voting for and most still don't!!
Does that include you?

Hartlepudlion

Was that Mike Hill I have just seen on Labour's front bench during Politics Live?

If yes, then I guess he's safe for the next election.

mk1

The problem is those who believe they, and they alone, should get everything they want and everyone else will just have to lump it.  If the 'Brexit at any price' zealots and the 'we must stay at any price' believers would compromise a solution could be found. It is the 'we must win and utterly crush all who do not agree ' mindset that is the stumbling block.

Inspector Knacker

Agree. The massive vote against is the full rainbow from Funamentalist Brexiteers to Rabid Remainers who see only their own shining path to perfection and miss the bigger picture, unable to cede ground to arrive at a compromise.
The 'crisis' is within the walls of the Palace of Westminster, it's all about them.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder how the Malthouse scheme will fare in these discussions?

fred c

Quote from: Owen Jones on March 13, 2019, 07: AM

A swathing generalisation on your behalf, I think you underestimate the intelligence of the voters of the town and over estimate your own.

Owen Jones

Most people in Hartlepool think Brexit is a meal  they have when they get up in the morning !!

admin

Quote from: Owen Jones on March 13, 2019, 05: PM
Most people in Hartlepool think Brexit is a meal  they have when they get up in the morning !!

Well, forum members - what are your thoughts on this? Mr Jones, may we suggest that you don your keyboard warrior armour ...  ::)

mk1

Quote from: fred c on March 13, 2019, 05: PM

A swathing generalisation on your behalf, I think you underestimate the intelligence of the voters .........

Not really. I have watched many people from both sides 'debate' the issue and most of them just have not got the slightest clue about the facts and are  giving their dream version of how it will work. The best one I saw recently (a random example as there have been Remainer fools) was a rabid 'Leaver' who was speaking at length about the advantages of WTO rules v The EEC. When a WTO expert was allowed to speak turns out the 'Leaver' was wrong on every single advantage. He blithely dismissed his ignorance with a airy hand wave and the excuse 'I'm no expert'. This was a key figure in the Leave Camp!
Even Esther McVey was caught recently re-posting a long  debunked anti-EU article about The Euro.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/esther-mcvey-brexit-twitter-fake-claim-eu-members-euro-2020/