How incompetent men get ahead.

Started by Devils advocate, March 07, 2019, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devils advocate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-47474786/how-incompetent-men-get-ahead

Made me think of the incompetent sexist that is Cranney and maybe the majority of the ruling Labour group.

mk1

Quote from: Devils advocate on March 07, 2019, 11: AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-47474786/how-incompetent-men-get-ahead

Made me think of the incompetent sexist that is Cranney and maybe the majority of the ruling Labour group.
Have not read the article but to me the problem is never going to go away. In reality those elected reflect those that elect them and the sad fact is thick people vote for thick people they can identify with. The current Labour Group does have intelligent people in it but it also has some with very limited intellect. A high number are functioning illiterates and one  spent his entire secondary school years in Special Needs. Berlusconi in Italy was one of the first elected 'Democratic idiots' and a host followed in his path. The current USA is led by a man who makes SAB look intelligent.
As Churchill  said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
We live in times where crazy conspiracy theory is the norm. Flat-Earthers are at least a source of amusement but 'Deep State/David Icke/Fake News' believers are a real danger.
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Inspector Knacker

The eternal Hartlepool contradiction. They slag off the candidate then vote for the Party.
It defies all reason, but then they employ that strange logic of saying we always vote  Labour.
The cycle thus continues as does the decline.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

And are the 'new kids on the block'  really the force for change that they paint themselves? Personally, I have severe doubts about a few of those involved. Not all, by any means, but it doesn't take many to taint a brand.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 07, 2019, 06: PM
And are the 'new kids on the block'  really the force for change that they paint themselves?
Brash is back in the mix and he certainly 'aint a force for change. He blatantly rigged the Freeman system to get the 'Honour' for his BFF Mandelson and he was a regular target in one of the old forums. He has not gotten better just that those who replaced him have sunk so low that Brash 'seems' honest by comparison. Once  the SCABs are ousted it will be the same scams just better hidden from public view.

Inspector Knacker

He's like the man who waits for a bus that stopped running 10 years ago. He keeps hanging around the bus stop hoping it'll turn up, it never does.
But he refuses to accept the bus is history and carries on looking to the far horizon.
There is no bus.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.