Money Madness

Started by fred c, March 05, 2019, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

No wonder the council tax payers shake their heads at decisions made by this council, the latest example of regeneration is a case in point.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/council-plan-207-000-renovation-of-former-church-street-takeaway-site-in-hartlepool-1-9631138?fbclid=IwAR2DDYngW-xeY4U7Nuh9_kA1GEYNhfLBllrmuIY7yz8-YkvyYbO7FnipDJ8

Inspector Knacker

'..the town's skills and innovation quarter'. Can someone tell me in simple words what that pretentious mangling of the English langiauage means?
Ask any local where Hartlepool's 'skills and innovation quarter' is and you'll get a reply of "what?".
This just another pompous invention from the rent a brain's who run this town.

Now, let me guess. Have they got a cunning plan to buy each adjoining property and then they own the entire street?
Monopoly is an enjoyable game, not a guide to property development.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

pieface

Quote from: fred c on March 05, 2019, 04: PM
No wonder the council tax payers shake their heads at decisions made by this council, the latest example of regeneration is a case in point.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/council-plan-207-000-renovation-of-former-church-street-takeaway-site-in-hartlepool-1-9631138?fbclid=IwAR2DDYngW-xeY4U7Nuh9_kA1GEYNhfLBllrmuIY7yz8-YkvyYbO7FnipDJ8

It won't get any of the section 106 monies they say so that's a further 8k week will be taxed for to pay for a lick of paint and still an empty shell

Shepherd

I saw a post on FB from Cllr Cranny courtosy of GL, dismissing out of hand the Preston Model as flawed and advising its advocate that everything should have gone through him (maybe to wet his beak). He was clearly affronted by the audacity of his great wisdom not being consulted and absense of coin.

Today in The Guardian, the virtues of this model were being sung from the rooftops as a fantastic way to generate wealth for "down the pan" towns like Hartlepool.

The response from Cranny was from a presenttion by the Fabian Society last week, a meeting Cllr Cranny did not attend and given I have heard him speak I doubt he could comprehend the concept. He is emblematic of the clueless, short sighted, frankly ignorant, (money) truffel smugglers running the town and running it into the ground.

The senior councillors of the Labour party in Hartlepool are so far below par its breathtaking. What chance does the town have of generating wealth when what its leader are best at is squandering grants, snuffing out busineses with high parking charges, putting yellow lines everywhere,  and burning tax payers money on vanity projects, buildings that are falling down going into the council portfolio and the back handers from the multiple developers who have been allowed to throw up houses everywhere without contribution to the town. All on the back of the gypsey camp hoax and resulting scrapping of the town plan. If that little idea was not thought up in the lounge of a house not far from Kingsley School I will show my ae*s in Debenhams window (it used to be Binns but it closed)

Grumblstiltskin

WE vote for these pricks, when are we gonna learn ffs, how much and how far to realise these people are light fingers?

Inspector Knacker

Trouble is, if your only sources of news is the local media, it comes over day after day after day (which they keep relentlessly hammering), you'd think they're doing a cracking job. Votes in the bag.
A tame, lazy media is a big part of the problem. It never challenges.

kevplumb

slightly off topic but how much property in the area have HBC got a finger in ????
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Shepherd on March 06, 2019, 06: PM
I saw a post on FB from Cllr Cranny courtosy of GL, dismissing out of hand the Preston Model as flawed and advising its advocate that everything should have gone through him (maybe to wet his beak). He was clearly affronted by the audacity of his great wisdom not being consulted and absense of coin.

Today in The Guardian, the virtues of this model were being sung from the rooftops as a fantastic way to generate wealth for "down the pan" towns like Hartlepool.

The response from Cranny was from a presenttion by the Fabian Society last week, a meeting Cllr Cranny did not attend and given I have heard him speak I doubt he could comprehend the concept. He is emblematic of the clueless, short sighted, frankly ignorant, (money) truffel smugglers running the town and running it into the ground.

The senior councillors of the Labour party in Hartlepool are so far below par its breathtaking.
Tell me we aren't about to see the introduction of 'Cranomics' in the near future?
I suspect I could pour a can of alphabet soup on a worktop and get a more viable economic forecast from that random pasta pattern than all of the clique of 'top' Councillors put together.