1.6 Billion pound - stronger towns fund

Started by the_exile, March 04, 2019, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_exile

Certain Councillors in our Town will be salivating at the news this morning.

Expect a tranche of C. I. C.'s being incorporated in the town this week with registered offices in the Brooke estate area and wherever, Hartlepool's very own Alan Sugar (Cranney) lives these days

AndyHagon

May's Stronger Towns Fund  - £1.6bn over six years / £266m per year.
European Regional Development & European Social Funds to UK regions 2014-2020 - £9.34bn over 6 years / £1.56bn per year. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................................

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: the_exile on March 04, 2019, 07: AM
Certain Councillors in our Town will be salivating at the news .
Just imagine they did get a massive multi million payout.
Would they really have a clue what to do?
I drove down the riverside road today in Middlesbrough this morning and found a huge area fenced off for work to start on a new business park with graphics of the new development on the fencing. Tees Valley funding. £50 m I was told, why didn't our lot have such a scheme in mind. Digging up streets and relaying them doesn't attract jobs.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

the_exile

Relaying block paving keeps jobs going at a certain local civils business.

Boro got the Welding Institute building too. You have to despair at the strategies/visions in place in Hartlepool, when you see real investment and real opportunities for quality employment being delivered within a 15 mile radius of the Town.

Dont even get me started on Netpark at Sedgefield............ where skilled people are queing up to take on very well paid roles

Inspector Knacker

Our leaders are steaming ahead fine tuning the act of turning the town into a garden city who sorts out other people's rubbish in big tin sheds.
The future's bright, we're headed back to the 17th century in a wheelbarrow.

Inspector Knacker

I was out and about in another part of the country last week and was quite surprised at relatively small towns in what could safely be described a back water, busy building up their employment infrastructure constructing starter units and office space to encourage new business start ups, as opposed to building swathes of houses and welcoming other people's rubbish to process and calling it a green industry.
We really are poorly lead.