A final insult for marina pubs and restaurants

Started by mr ben, February 24, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr ben

Just found out the pubs and restaurants down the marina have been issued  a bill for £450 if you want to put chairs and tables out side.  Our under performing council is so out of touch  of what is actually going on at the marina make one's p155 boil .. i dont think HBC  will be happy till they see it board up and have no revenue coming in...THE RENT AND RATES ARE EXTORTIONATE TO BEGIN WITH !!!!     

Land Phil

Who is charging?

The reason I ask is that Mandale have had the car park up for sale.

mr ben

fred c

If it is HBC..... The only surprise is that it has taken them so long to introduce it.  ::)

Inspector Knacker

£450 for what? What's the 'reasoning' behind it, are they charging it for no other reason than they can?
Stand and deliver eh ?
What next, charging the tide for coming in, billing the sun for coming up, turning the island in Ward Jackson Park into an offshore Tax haven?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 24, 2019, 09: PM
£450 for what? What's the 'reasoning' behind it, are they charging it for no other reason than they can?
Stand and deliver eh ?
What next, charging the tide for coming in, billing the sun for coming up, turning the island in Ward Jackson Park into an offshore Tax haven?

Don't give HBC any ideas, IK!  I'd really like to see some bar owner down Nav Point, standing up to HBC and challenging them in Court.  Strange how HBC cannot manage to carry out the normal, everyday jobs...like cleaning the streets and keeping the weeds down....BUT they will pounce on anyone who HBC thinks will pay up on demand!  Anyway, I thought that the Marina was owned by Mandale...so how does HBC think they can extract money from businesses on Nav Point?

jeffh

Maybe one of the Headland & Harbour Councillors can shed some light on the matter?

pieface

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 24, 2019, 10: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 24, 2019, 09: PM
Stand and deliver eh ?

Don't give HBC any ideas, IK!  I'd really like to see some bar owner down Nav Point, standing up to HBC and challenging them in Court.  Strange how HBC cannot manage to carry out the normal, everyday jobs...like cleaning the streets and keeping the weeds down....BUT they will pounce on anyone who HBC thinks will pay up on demand!  Anyway, I thought that the Marina was owned by Mandale...so how does HBC think they can extract money from businesses on Nav Point?
There are very few pavements and highways that councils do not "own" as they get adopted by the highways departments once a build has been completed and the area handed over by the developer for the council to then maintain or allow utility companies to dig up as required. About 6feet at least in front of most property normally is acquired by the council even if it is a grassed over area you do not own it on your property deeds apparently.

Inspector Knacker

So if that's the case, will every pub, restaurant, take away, cafe etc, etc, be getting a bill in too ? What makes that location special ?

pieface

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 26, 2019, 04: PM
So if that's the case, will every pub, restaurant, take away, cafe etc, etc, be getting a bill in too ? What makes that location special ?
Even a postbox or bus shelter seems to have to pay for space on the hartlepool public highways. That's why there is not many around. Perhaps the charge could also possibly be to get businesses to relocate to the free spaces on Church Street mecca

Inspector Knacker

My concern is the basic question of why do they do it?
I can only logically assume it's the wonga
Do they simply do it because they can?
What do the businesses in question get in return for this charge?
Who comes up with this figure and what is the rationale behind the calculation?
It's like the parking charges at Seaton, what did the car owner actually get back for this charge. Better parking? We were told it was going to change things, what did it change.
All that I found was that vivting Seaton in a car was taxed and the arrogant idiots who drove through at speed still drove through at speed, how they calculated parking charges was going to reduce speeding indicates a thought process grasping for reasons to justify it.
When all else fails, they'll cry 'cuts', but what let's them down is their own encyclopaedic track record of visionary spending that crashed and burned.

SRMoore

Quote from: jeffh on February 25, 2019, 11: AM
Maybe one of the Headland & Harbour Councillors can shed some light on the matter?

Nobody from the business at navigation point or from HBC have brought this issue to me so I don't know anything about it.

I'll have to make some enquiries today.

jeffh

jeffh

Quote from: SRMoore on February 27, 2019, 09: AM
Quote from: jeffh on February 25, 2019, 11: AM

Nobody from the business at navigation point or from HBC have brought this issue to me so I don't know anything about it.

I'll have to make some enquiries today.
Did you find anything out Shane?