Church Street crossings.

Started by Inspector Knacker, February 14, 2019, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Is there a standard for pedestrian crossings because those in Church Street are barely visible with their soft colours after driving up this morning at 6.30 and the spotlights that pass for street lights shining in your eyes. They were little better in daylight at 10.00 this morning either.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I drove both up and down Church Street this morning, as you say the 'white/cream sections of the crossing are almost indistinguishable from the black bits.

In truth the whole fabric of the Church Street Vision is already a shabby replica of its intended status, the paving is in need of a good water jetting and the gaps between the blocks need filling in.

I also had cause to walk across Church Square and stopped to look at the "Workers Memorial Floor Plaque"............I have no idea who performed the work, but whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves, it's circular and the blocks have been cut around it, but the gaps are by any standard  unacceptable......I took a few photograph but I can't get them to upload.

UnknownUser

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 14, 2019, 11: AM
Is there a standard for pedestrian crossings because those in Church Street are barely visible with their soft colours after driving up this morning at 6.30 and the spotlights that pass for street lights shining in your eyes. They were little better in daylight at 10.00 this morning either.

White and black are the preferred colours, however as they alternate light-dark-light-dark so on and so forth, to be legally compliant, every zebra crossing must be equipped with two Belisha beacons, whole host of regs for studs, zig zags and give ways lines, studs can be omitted though,
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

WhatTheHeck

Looks like the material used on the crossings is highly prone to picking up rubber from tyres, so the lighter sections are badly discoloured.

On the crossing at Church Sq end, there is a one stripe protected by the centre island, this is visibly lighter than the rest, virtually glistens in comparison.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Land Phil

Would you believe it, cones and roadworks signs along the length of Church Street.

fred c

Of course we believe it....... It's a LabMob Vision.  ::) ::) ::)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on February 17, 2019, 07: PM

On the crossing at Church Sq end, there is a one stripe protected by the centre island, this is visibly lighter than the rest, virtually glistens in comparison.
That crossing is a bit iffy too, with the drivers sight line hidden by the stone work behind the Ward Jackson statue. A child could run straight across without thinking and emerge suddenly from behind the brickwork with disastrous consequences.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.