hartlepools finest

Started by mr ben, February 12, 2019, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr ben

channel 4  has visited the town  ( skint Britain ) and interviewed  the towns finest ...  get ready to cringe ....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mr ben on February 12, 2019, 09: PM
channel 4  has visited the town  ( skint Britain ) and interviewed  the towns finest ...  get ready to cringe ....

That was my first impression, but will wait & see, as the Radio Times seems to rate the programme  '... a hard story of vulnerable people in real poverty, but filmed with wit and insight - and with glimmers of hope' so we'll have to see how the programme pans out.

Land Phil

Look at Mike Hill's expenses to see where big benefits Street is.

Paying for repairs and a TV + license on top of the office rent.

One thing he is not doing is putting money into the Hartlepool economy through paying salaries to locals.

mr ben

wow what a s**t hole we live in and look what we are paying for ........... makes you want to pack  up and move out .... yuk yuk yuk

mr ben

why do these people think the world owes them a living ...  boils my p155  they smoke take drugs   unemployable and want £500 a week ... scutters

Owen Jones

They all smoke but can't afford to eat ???

Grumblstiltskin

And screen time for a known pet killer

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Owen Jones on February 13, 2019, 09: PM
They all smoke but can't afford to eat ???

What a strange comment, Did anyone suggest this on here? If so, I've certainly missed it. The programme was,  to my mind, ermm, dreadful ...

Owen Jones

In reply to Lucy-lass-tick there is nothing strange about my comment,people who would rather put poisonous chemicals into their bodies (smoke) rather than eat is what I find strange.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Owen Jones on February 14, 2019, 07: AM
In reply to Lucy-lass-tick there is nothing strange about my comment,people who would rather put poisonous chemicals into their bodies (smoke) rather than eat is what I find strange.

Apologies, Owen. I misunderstood you. As a non-smoker I share your views on this.