Stockton Street turmoil?

Started by Inspector Knacker, February 09, 2019, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

I note that the usual excuses are being used on The Post Facebook page to denigrate anyone who dares to criticise The Dear Leaders 'Master Plan' for Stockton Street. The faces change but the Labour 'Jam Tomorrow' promises never change.

Some of the previous Labour 'Masterplans' that did not quite live up to the hype.

The dream and then the delivered version....... 'Lets see what you would have won.............'

Here a previous 'Dear Leader' cutting the ribbon on one of the  perennial make-overs for Church Street that  are an obsession within Labour. .  That turned out well didn't it?

Inspector Knacker

Not disagreeing about the sale. I just wonder why so called Labour Councillors have such twee middle class aspirations?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

This not too long after it was built and the trees starting to grow.

This how 'horrible it then started to look

and the inevitable 'tree-massacre' as  councillors decide they need a legacy so they uproot all previous work and install their own personal 'vision'.

Repeat every 10-15 years...................

Inspector Knacker

Down the years, the Council has defoliated more of the town than the Yanks did with Agent Orange in Vietnam.
Are they supplying a furniture factory with wood somewhere?

Inspector Knacker

I can see it now, when we get near election time there'll be much self praise for what they've achieved in Church Street and Church Square and the work building the Highway to Heaven in Stockton Street.
What it really illustrates, this re-doing what's already been done , is a complete and utter lack of real vision on their collective behalf's.
I've also noticed these area 'revamped' were allowed to degenerate over a number of years, untouched. Does it make for a better contrast when the works done? Because if it is, it doesn't show.

stokoe

Inspector Knacker

Yeah, forgot all about it and drove into it tonight coming home.
Can we organise a sweepstake on how long it will actually take to finish, any advances on 12th of Never?

Inspector Knacker

The central reservation wall is being ripped out along with the fancy lamps they put in.
Sadly, the street lights were only on the shoppping centre side of the road and the central reservation and none on the college side, so with the central ones ripped out it's rather dark down there.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

An ambulance was trying to get through the roadworks last night.
I assume an out of town one.

Nowhere for the cars to go to get out of the way.
I don't believe it.